Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

yeah CGI Trailer for first reveal is fine if the game years away but not for second trailer or third trailer for the game

showing games all about advertising if you can’t bring the good might as well cancel big shows and do state of play show for the game before two months from the release

Going forward should all xbox first party games have single player and multiplayer detached from one another? For example, Gears 6 single player comes out first. Let Coalition have time to polish a great single player game then have multiplayer come out later. Or reverse the order.

I think 343 might do a e3 teaser in may inside infinite like they did that banished transmission before the july showcase

I really don’t understand the hate for cgi trailers. I like having gameplay trailers and believe we should get a lot of that, but I love hearing about what else is coming down the road and cgi trailers are a good efficient way to do that

6 Likes

CGI trailers are not bad, an entire show comprised of CGI trailers is bad, balance is ideal.

5 Likes

I agree, save the CGI for the announcement of further off games, You need a mix of gameplay for games already announced and at the very least in the games launch year.

1 Like
3 Likes

We probably will still have Pyschonaunts 2, flight simulator, forza horizon 5 and halo infinite not a bad 2nd half

Although I would like to have all the games now, that’s the logical thing to do.

Xbox gets to spread its big hitters.

You don’t need to rush Starfield, it gets extra 2-3 months (will be appreciated especially after Covid)

Console-sellers needs consoles to sell, with the shortage this year it’ll be good to have a huge game launching when consoles become easily obtainable.

They won’t be easily obtainable till late next year.

That’s not good. I thought it was supposed to improve by the end of this year.

What date did he say? I am assuming 2022, but can’t find a tweet

1 Like

Seeing gameplay will always be the best thing to see at E3 for one simple reason - you want to get an idea and see what the game looks/plays like as if you’re the person playing it. Can’t get that from a CGI or in-engine trailer.

As for taking 3+ months to make a trailer, this is why im not a fan of showing games early. Within two years maximum is when games should be shown. So if a game debuts at E3 2021, it should be released before E3 2023. The reason why is simple, if the game is nearly completion, instead of “making a gameplay trailer” for E3, the developers can just take a slice out of the actual game segment that is already completed and just edit out any potential story spoilers and whatnot and there you go.

I would think doing this would be better than trying to build an actual gameplay demo since the game would be close to finished and would be much easier to just cut out a slice of the game for the gameplay trailer. At least, this is what I would do since it seems to be easier and far less work due to the actual work on the game being in a near complete and playable state.

2 Likes

Spring, so like March.

1 Like

He says if he was Microsoft he wouldn’t position their two biggest games next to each other. It would be Halo this year and Starfield early next year, or vice versa, Starfield this fall and Halo next spring.

But they were talking in general not specifying a date, between releasing both games this year, or one this year and the other early next year, spring or whatever.

After 49

You know Todd wants to do a cool release date reveal like 2-22-22

7 Likes

That would be cool actually :grinning:

02/03/2022 is the 50th Anniversay of the Pioneer 10 launch, if Todd is any kind of Nerd he would mandate that day :slight_smile:

Do it Todd! You know it makes sense!

Damn, would be so good to have that game during the holidays. March sounds so far away too. However, it’s not like we’ll be bored. Halo, FH5 (probably), who knows what they will announce for Wolfenstein 3. Psychonauts 2 is coming and MSFS.

Then on top of that come also a good amount of games like 12 Minutes, The Ascent, The Gunk, CrossfireX (probably), BF6 as rumored game pass day one release. Plus our backlogs. :smiley:

Also…Starfield will have been in development for almost 6.5 years by then!