Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

They actually do, there is a silicon shortage and they are selling everything they produce without the big games. Its actually a best case scenario for xbox all things considered.

Id much rather the teams focus on completion of the games than use the resources to put together demos. Once a game reaches a certain level of maturity, you’re no longer doing throw away work to put together a demo.

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying and it’s very reasonable but team Xbox needs to prove themselves first and then they can even cancel E3 if they want.

Lebron James What GIF by SB Nation

5 Likes

While there is a console shortage across the board, but it’s still key to entice players to platform early. I think what really helped Sony last gen was they were able to capture the early adopters which influences others to chose Playstation. I just feel reality is people will game on platforms where their friends are playing, so Microsoft def needs to entice gamers by taking a chance to get a Xbox if they missed out on PS5

Cancel e3 wtf?

1 Like

I mean cancel the show, no need to waste time and money

Yea I hard disagree

I agree but that assumes XSX will be available to purchase. I think, in the near term, a good showing of Halo, Forza, Starfield, and whatever else is enough. Xbox also has the ability to leverage 3rd party Game Pass deals to boost the platform.

You are forgetting that Microsoft seems to put value in being members of the ESA and Phil Spencer is on the board. As long as that is the case, Xbox will always support them and put on a presentation.

Jason also thinks halo infinite will be cool and is rooting for it to be great like all of us are

6 Likes

why ? it’s advertising. so in your logic they should remove FH or FM Games reveal segment from E3 going forward

Thats hope but for me I wouldnt count it cause it aint coming out for the console this year

Making a demo of an early game takes considerable effort and takes a chunk of the team away from producing the actual game. Showing “gameplay” early on is always some sort of highly polished vertical slice that may or may not be reflective of the final game.

A game that is nearing completion doesn’t need the same sort of effort.

showing unedited or in motion gameplay is better advertising material than gameplay trailer or CGI

look at this same game trailer but the full gameplay one got higher views

even when look at halo the full gameplay video got higher views than the gameplay trailer

2 Likes

It is less of a matter of if, more of a matter of when. A gameplay trailer 18 months before release is more work than one 6 months before release.

vertical slice or not if they managed to nail the core gameplay until the final game that is better than cgi or gameplay trailer also gameplay trailers are heavily edited too so what do you suggest ? CGI Fest until month before the release ?

Not going to disagree with that. However, everyone needs to realize the resources involved are vastly different. You have developer resource contention with in-game demos, meanwhile the CGI stuff can be farmed off to outside parties/studios while the internal team continues working on the game.

2 Likes

Long term I suggest a Bethesda-like 6 months span from announcement to release. They can do that with 20+ studios.

2 Likes

yeah i know same year reveal and release is the best option but unfortunately all of XGS games aren’t in that stage yet expect for FH5.

good advertising is needed all i’m saying and full gameplay one offer the best one

1 Like

And this is why CGI trailers will always be with us because publishers can announce a game without putting an additional burden on the developers. I would suggest people try and find a dev interview by 343 with one of their engineers and you do get an appreciation as to the amount of work that goes into a game play presentation.

5 Likes