Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Interesting that the leaks for Starfield so far are still the 2018 build screenshots. The latest one shows the astronaut in the structure and that looks great. But last year we had a shot where we saw him outside and the world around him was nothing at the moment.

I wonder who’s leaking these and it seems this person didn’t get ahold of screens from a very recent build which honestly I’m happy about. Leave that for BGS to unveil please.

1 Like

I would say none of the above… :frowning:

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense to spend 2 to 3 months on producing a demo for a trade show.

3 Likes

That’s why they gotta get to the point where they are announcing games 6 months before release (BGS style) so they don’t have to put a ton of extra effort into a demo build.

The things having a ton of Studios allows once they get going…

3 Likes

Jason schreier was on iron lord podcast mentioned he has heard that a 343 employee did tell him that he had a good time working on infinite so its not all negative there also mentioned he is doing a story at some point which we all knew obviously but confirmed again that everything that ex employee said was true

2 Likes

Oh, that’s good. Yeah, I don’t doubt there are some issues at 343i but there are some parts of them that sound really cool. Spotlighting many of their employees, not just the public facing ones like Staten and Frank is a great example of it.

Yes and no. You can make an argument that it doesn’t make sense to produce a demo for an arbitrary fixed date, but due to the nature of marketing, publishers have to produce a demo at some point to get people interested in a game.

1 Like

Yea absolutely when that article drops I probably will obviously read it he said himself you can apply it to every AAA game which is pretty telling tbh

1 Like

Yeah, ImmSim and Vampires are meant to be “together”, and since Arkane are masters of ImmSims it makes perfect sense.

It’s easily my most hyped / wanted game ever.

1 Like

Very happy to hear that!

Xbox doesn’t have the luxury to tell people to keep waiting or we can’t show you gameplay because we don’t have the time and money, they have to show their guns in a big way and what the world most powerful console can do, no more waiting.

3 Likes

I believe it was when they were covering zeta halo itself

1 Like

Yeah, there are definite issues in AAA development. I don’t envy those making them, and as someone who wants to join the industry, I know it can be rough. I truly hope Halo Infinite works out well in the end. Maybe even picks up some GOTYs. And 343 can start to take on smaller passion projects alongside supporting Infinite.

Yea the gameplay looks like a true to form for the franchise im looking forward to it

1 Like

I am going to go out on a limb and assume that your experience working on Halo Infinite can be dictated how long you have worked on it. The main thing we have been hearing is a lot of the issues have revolved around the engine and tools since they are being worked on as the game has been developed and apparently they have been getting better over time, but at the start I can imagine things were rough.

Expecting -

• Avowed
  • Fable
  • Hellblade 2

Not Expecting -

• Perfect Dark
  • Forza Motorsport

Yea exactly the blam engine has been giving them issues thats why they made slipspace engine

It’s counter-productive. That simply pushes back releases by 3 months. In order to hit release dates earlier, cutting out demos when there is genuine work to be done is the proper approach. It doesn’t matter what the optics are at this point. They are doing the right thing.

2 Likes

At this point if they show gameplay of Halo, Starfield, Forza and one of Avowed/Everwild/Hellblade 2 then that’s going to be plenty of gameplay in their site because they also have tons of second and third party exclusives that will get time because they release this year.

Yea im wondering where scorn is we haven’t heard anything since October when we got that 13 minute gameplay demo that was running on series x