Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Smart move

1 Like

I think Hellblade 2 will be there, hopefully with gameplay. I think Motorsport won’t if Horizon 5 is. I’m still bullish on Avowed. 2 and a half years active development, what looked like gameplay at the end of last teaser. Not expecting a massive vertical slice but a gameplay trailer could be there.

I don’t see Fable or Perfect Dark in any large capacity. Like, maybe a cinematic for Fable revealing Theresa is back or something but not too confident. Perfect Dark is still a ways off imo.

Just played some Outriders and this one area in the desert where foliage was swaying in the wind, all the foliage. It’s something that just looks really nice. When I saw Witcher 3 for the first time and the trees and bushes all swaying in the wind…that to me was part of “Next gen” back then. Biomutant has this too, looks really nice.

And I truly hope in the E3 demo of Halo we’re going to see this too. The main menu had it, but during gameplay it was all static, probably because a lot was still heavily WIP. For me it just brings that extra bit of immersion. Many games have it nowadays.

5 Likes

I believe 343 mentioned a wind system in infinite if I remember right

1 Like

3 Likes
4 Likes

I think a range of Fall 2021- March 2022 is a safe bet

1 Like

I prefer like this :slightly_smiling_face:. they would spend two AAA games(Halo Infinite and Starfield) in a few months/days and probably leave the beginning of 2022 no releases. similar to what happened this year.

3 if we count FH5.

Tbh I have no problem with March 2022.

1 Like

I have no problems with a Q1 2022 release, at all… But what would this mean for E321? Todd / Bethesda likes to show their games close to launch… Could they skip a deep dive on Starfield at this E3, and maybe do it at the TGA or another event mid October/September?

No

Age of Empires IV is coming this year too. :wink:

we will already have AoE IV, Halo Infinite and probably FH5 in 2021.

I would be fine with Starfield in March. :slightly_smiling_face:

The time slot for TGA is relatively limited for a “deep dive”… and I hope they don’t give Keighley such a coup for his show.

2 Likes

February or March is good for Starfield.

I think a trailer like this is possible for Avowed, Hellblade 2 and Everwild.

1 Like

I dont count AOE cause I cant play it

I will say that Arkane and Vampire are a match made in heaven. The abilities and weaknesses of a vampire (mandatory feeding, transconfiguration, flight, aversion to or even death from sunlight, stealth) lend themselves so well to immersive sim design. Like, imagine there’s an ingame clock, you have 12 minutes to feed or you are fucked. Penalty upon death. You have two choices. Feed on the only person alone, an innocent, or perish. Or imagine you need to infiltrate a vampire hunter’s castle. You can go in at day, but you need to avoid all windows, stay close to the dark, etc. You can wait till night, fly through the chimney and into the castle taking what you need, but the guards will be everywhere. You can corner a guard, turn him into a vampire and have him do your bidding. Or you can go in through the front door like a bat outta hell and fucking massacre the place, feeding yourself for days but no new vampires. Like fuck, it’s just such a cool genre for an immersive sim.

8 Likes

hopefully :crossed_fingers:, it will come to the Xbox console later. :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree with this. There’s nothing wrong with cgi & teasers. It’s only a problem if there’s literally nothing else.

In my opinion, Xbox should build their E3 show on a balance of cgi & actual gameplay, based on the stage of development for each individual game. They should give us updates for pretty much all of the revealed games coming from their first-party studios.

I really hope they’re not thinking it should be a case of “gameplay or nothing at all” but maybe that’s the impression they’re under.

3 Likes

Although Microsoft did not shared anything about its plans for E3, fans started to raise the expectations roof very much, I hope that does not affect Xbox show announcements.