Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Now I am hoping he’s just doing this on purpose to mislead us.

I think it’s not “self-reflecting” on “why did they do this”? But more, “If they did X, but no Y, does that make any kind of sense”.

Basically he’s saying “If Microsoft kept Bethesda third-party, why wouldn’t they make other stuff third-party”?

Like imagine if you’re Ninja Theory. You’re working on Hellblade II and other Xbox exclusives, but the new studios your parent company just bought can make games for whatever system they want, but you can’t. That’s a pretty big question to bring up and the next studio meeting.

Every Starfield copy sold on PS5 is the equivalent of a loss of a customer who potentially would’ve went with an Xbox Game Pass subscription instead.

That’s just business and it should be perfectly fine to state it that way without any intention of pushing console wars or anything.

22 Likes

I mean obviously…

Unless you’re fully invested in xbox and gamepass, why would you make the move from playstation if in fact microsoft are releasing the IP’s they paid 7.5 billion for, on other console platforms.

It would be a strong indicator to anyone with a bit of sense that microsoft’s end game for xbox is primarily as a multi platform game publisher and subscription service.

Every Playstation fan has a massive gaming PC I dont know why they need Bethesda games on the ps5.

/s

1 Like

A new customer who pays for a year of GamePass is literally worth twice as more than a person who buys one $70 game on another platform.

14.99 X 12 = 179.88

$70 X 2 = 140.00

One GamePass customer is worth twice as much as somebody buy TWO full-priced $70 games.

2 Likes

Exactly it also bothers me that in this discussion everyone always assumes that playstation has the 100Million userbase forgetting we are in the beginning of the generation.

All this future titles are next gen only so when if not now do you want to insentivise people to change to your platform?

1 Like

Practically, a Game Pass subscriber is a lot more ‘worth’ than that even, because he is locked into that ecosystem, buying accessories, micro transactions, recommends the service to friends, playing more games, and so on. The initial $10/$15 are good for Xbox, but Game Pass ultimately engages most of their customers in ways in which they’ll end up spending much more money in the ecosystem than the monthly subscription alone.

17 Likes

Nah something will be today. I guess a blog post. This Thursday thing could be a interview.

2 Likes

I’m doing my best😅

2 Likes

I supported Xbox’s ecosystem after 2013.if they came out and announced Bethesda as multiplatform, I’d never buy another Xbox again. This would be a way bigger blunder.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right.

From business perspective, what MS wants to achieve? A high number of people subscribed to their services. And how can they achieve this? Releasing exclusive content to their services.

I’m not subscribed to Disney + because I enjoy their catalogue. I’m subscribed because I wanted to watch Wandavision. And then they’ll release Falcon & The Winter Soldier this month. And then Loki. And then What If… So they got me pretty much locked up on their service for the foreseeable future.

As I said above, some friends of mine who were 100% going to buy not only a Xbox console, but also subscribe to the service are now waiting for Microsoft final say on the matter. Some already own a PS5, and others are waiting for new stock / price reduction… That’s hardware and service revenue + potential increase in customers numbers lost.

Thanks squirrel, that’s exactly what I think of this whole situation.

1 Like

Uhm kinda extrem but okay

This is a autogenerated massage: Discussion ongoing head to the Bethesda exclusive thread.

1 Like

There’s no “better”, I don’t understand his logic here. If you’re going to make a shitty port for another platform, why make it? You’re just wasting resources at this point.

1 Like

Cant wait till Microsoft lets us all down.

Ffs

1 Like

lol its all good :slight_smile: