Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

They also release games at a good rate and rumoured to be working on multiple games at the same time :astonished: Wish 343 could match that.

To be fair, The Coalition had a very short development cycle. If they had been given another 6 months to a year, I’m sure it would’ve released in a terrific state. As it was, it was pretty impressive what they managed in that time frame.

1 Like

:eyes:

2 Likes

Its always interesting how people have to put down one studio in order to prop up the other. Both 343i and The Coalition are great and IMO underrated studios, mostly because they’re seen as Halo and Gears "factories ". (dislike that term)

The vitriol that 343i gets is sad to watch but they got stuck with of all things , Halo. As much as I love that series its fanbase tends to be insufferable most times , or rather the subset of fans that just want Halo 2 2.0.

8 Likes

Nobody hates their franchise more than Halo fans. Quite possibly a perfect equivalent to Star Wars fans hating their products more than anyone.

5 Likes

No one is putting 343 down to put another to prop up another studio.

They’re different and we can have different opinions about then, The Coalition has an incredible understanding of the Unreal Engine, being able to be at the edge of implementation of new technologies like VRS 2.0 and making their game run like a dream on Series X from the start.

343 isn’t a bad studio at all, but they aren’t on the same level, yet. I think that after this delay and Halo infinite launch, they’ll have a better understanding of what they need to be and their goals for the future.

I’ll never forgive Halo fans for bitching thrust out of the game. Halo 5 controls like a dream and thrust slide jump is one of the greatest feeling traversal mechanics in a shooter ever and it’s gone from Infinite.

6 Likes

Imagine Mando with Craig-graphics… nah.

2 Likes

to be honest Im not one to complain about sprint in Halo but the thrust was one thing I could live without.

1 Like

Well… We have a grapple now, maybe that can fill the void.

And he only came out with it, due to a mistaken Artibter funko pop

So credit 343 as well, you ingrates

No Way Do Not Want GIF

1 Like

Thrust slide jumping into a grapple would have been even better. :weary:

1 Like

I made it worse…

Oh No Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

1 Like

Ummm…

I took that as a shitpost/trolling really lol.

To me, that is the same thing

1 Like

Aww man, the people who love to say “this conversation should go the in that game’s own thread” don’t know what to do now. We’re talking about two different 1st party game devs at the same time. Yikes!!!

In all seriousness though. As much as I love The Coalition and Gears. Let’s be real…they’ve had the easier task. Gears is just a smaller suite and a smaller scale than Halo. They did a great job with it, but I feel like Halo would be much harder on them, if they had been working on that franchise all these years instead

And we’ll never know how they would have handled that. 343 has had some monumental expectations and workload to fill. I’ll wait until Infinite drops before I make my conclusions on them

2 Likes