Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

You’re extrapolating a lot from… nothing.

6 Likes

Perhaps but at the same time, when you spend $800 on an Xbox Series X bundle, you expect to see the first party games running off the hardware and I don’t think wanting that is too much to ask for especially after last year when everything shown was running off PC.

1 Like

We saw a single game with gameplay

Yeah, Halo Infinite which let’s be honest, didn’t set the world on fire, was running off PC and had a bunch of technical issues ranging from clipping to pop in and the visuals were disappointing as were the animations and enemy reactions when having a grenade stick to them and being “blown up”.

And I say this as someone who watched the Halo Infinite over ten times because of the combat and gameplay but I was in no way, shape or form impressed visually. I know their tool sets were behind due to waiting for RDNA 2 which is fine as I know that to be factual so I will give them a free pass for last year because it’s understandable considering the circumstances but im not giving them a free pass this year.

They need to show me games running off Series X and most importantly, gameplay. Don’t tell me about the world’s most powerful console because that means nothing to me. Show me.

I mean, yes when they have games at E3 they will show them.

Hopefully, they have gameplay to accommodate those games at E3 being shown running off Series X hardware. If not, then they deserve to be criticized.

3 Likes

This place is super dope but it’s almost becoming like the exact opposite of that other place. Thought this place was supposed to be a good medium but if you ask any questions or express any type of worry or apprehensiveness(whether perfectly logical or not), it’s automatically labeled as too negative, toxic, concern trolling, FUD, etc. There is no nuance. That’s weak imo.

Anyway I’m with you. Halo is your flagship console title and was supposed to be THE reason to buy a Series X at launch. We need to see gameplay on the Series X and I’m sure we will.(not counting flighting) So to see people saying “Expecting good graphics is setting your expectations too high.” is kind of head scratching…

3 Likes

I don’t care on what they show Halo just show me Halo :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Give it a rest already.

7 Likes

ok, but why do that now? E3 is in 6 weeks or so.

1 Like

Microsoft isn’t publishing Scorn.

Fable is going to be huge. :heart_eyes:

I love this studio :green_heart:

2 Likes

Synadex.

SquareEnix.

We got insider!

We have a topic about acquisitions here. :slightly_smiling_face: :point_down:

3 Likes

Yup

People sowing the seeds on what to rant about later. With just enough built in deniability to be able to throw out that “guess this place just doesn’t want any legit xbox criticism” defense.

These sort of gameplay demos are often done on PC. I’d imagine there is a reason for that beyond making the game look better than it will be on console. Hell, we know companies already do THAT all the time with their bullshit vertical slice builds. Though I think using PC to try and show off what you want to show off may also be easier to do. And if we demand 343 not do that, well aren’t we once again holding them to an unfair standard we don’t ask for from anyone else?

That said, if a PC made demo is what we get with Infinite, being this close to the impressive Series X’s release, I’m comfortable believing what we’re going to get is going to be pretty damn the same as what we’re going to see. Actually, no it won’t. Because it will be a compressed video on Twitch, or Youtube, but I digress

And somehow we ignore the fact that Microsoft is making this game as well as many others FOR PC!!! Hell they have a PC version of gamepass. The operating system people use is friggin Windows, for christ’s sake. We love to aknowledge how big and diverse Microsoft is…some times. Other times not so so much. “But I spent $500 on this new co…” And PC people spend WAY MORE than you did on their rigs. If money spent is the argument, you lose that one to

And with all that said. You know what version of Halo will look the most like what you’re going to see, regardless of what is shown on? Series X. Why? Because first, it’s super a powerful new console, not some 6 year old aging brick that has been far surpassed by multiple gpu’s. But more so because a lot of PC rigs are not even capable of what the Series X can do and the ones that are will be playing Halo on low settings. Because that is what the serious PC gamer does, so they can achieve the least stuttering and most frames. Which also will not be availble to see for you on what they show, because you will be watching a 60fps video!!!

Alright, let me stop. It’s too early here for any more of this shit

3 Likes
12 Likes

Got a chuckle out of this

10 Likes

LOL im not tho i wish i was just messes around a bit

It is to a few people

@Visceron you and @peter42O ummed it up pretty well while I was dozing off lol.