Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Man, the block list keeps growing.

1 Like

InXile :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

They are definitely the wildcard.

• expand it a lot so it becomes a proper studio
  • rename it as ā€˜Vault-Tecā€™

Iconic logo and iconic name to make iconic games.

Though there was a rumor some months ago that Austin (and Montreal) were working on unnannounced games (I believe it was possibly linked to the SpyTeam and Giant Monster News trademarksā€¦ :pensive: )

Looking over what I just wrote for Obsidianā€™s X-Men RPGā€¦

3 Likes

do you know how large the Austin team is and do they have creative talent that could take on a mainline game (writers, quest designers etc)?

If Outer Worlds 2 needs to die for Fallout New Vegas 2 to liveā€¦

Then nah fam. Those characters are too good to let go.

Outer Worlds is a keeper in my book.

7 Likes

BGS has 375 people on Linkedin (probably underestimated, size is probably around +400 or +500), that includes 92 people located in Austin. So I guess +100 at the moment.

FO76 Project Lead Gardiner is directing them from Maryland I believe.

1 Like

I would love the next Fallout to be set in apocalyptic New York. How about a dense filled rotten skyscraper landscape?

In the EU it is now 1:01 AM on Friday, March 5th, 2021.

Now we wait.

By 6AM EST, it will be Noon in the EU.

By Noon EST, it will be 6PM in the EU.

2 Likes

Iā€™m one of the few gamers who played Fallout 4 and quit it after a few hours at best. Clunky mess with bad gameplay mechanics. No fluidity or responsiveness at all. Then with The Outer Worlds, what the hell was with the head bobbing/camera shake even when standing completely still then when crouching, the corners of the screen get dark for some odd reason. Add in the silent protagonist and that game was a $30 monetary loss. Oh well.

I know everyone here loves Game Pass and while I donā€™t love it, I appreciate it in which I can tryout the games this generation for a $10 monthly rental and if I donā€™t like it or I just donā€™t see it being up to par for me, it gets dropped.

Donā€™t say such painful things season 2 pain GIF by American Gods

2 Likes
8 Likes

I highly doubt, like very highly doubt that Fallout and Elder Scrolls will be quiet after Microsoft acquaintance them. I anticipate theyā€™ll both get the Star Wars treatment. I anticipate that both games not long after acquisition they will never have fewer than two games in development at once. Not that theyā€™ll all be rpgs either mind you, I do expect that theyā€™ll branch into new things for the franchise in addition to mainline games.

2 Likes

Good shout but I think MS reveal what thierplans for Fallout are this year

Dream scenario, full remake or full renvisioning of New Vegas and a direct sequel set in LA or San Fran

2 Likes

its close, they are coming :eyes:

2 Likes

Dont think mentioning fallout is a good idea when all you want is attention on Starfield coming soon. Also Bethesda traditionally dont reveal games too early and I dont think that will change with Starfield and ES6 being the lone exceptions when they had that #SavePlayer1 nonsense running.

Jim Carrey Ok GIF

1 Like