Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Who is saying that?

Any youtuber?

Not making it up. Jason Schrierer(sp?) reported on it almost a year ago or so. It comes from him. this also applies to Ghostwire Tokyo. ZeniMax was considering cancelling them. Itā€™s actually funny because Sony literally saved them which I do find hilarious.

Not being dismissive or contrarian at all. You can look forward to it, buy it, play it and love it. I love Mad Max but make no mistake, I know itā€™s no better than a 7/10 and thatā€™s probably being generous. If anything, im just realistic. Iā€™m expecting Outriders (which is day one for me) to be a mid-70 game if itā€™s lucky and to also bomb in sales even though it has a better chance at succeeding because itā€™s on like 7 different platforms and thereā€™s nothing of any significance releasing until late April. I can be hyped for games and like anyone, including you, enjoy and love them but I can also be realistic.

By the way, are you actually buying Deathloop day one for PS5 since you own a PS5 now?

1 Like

Dreamcast Guy tweeted in regards to RE 8ā€¦if it happens, then heā€™ll make a video. Iā€™m not expecting it to get delayed but at the same time, I wouldnā€™t be shocked or surprised if it did.

Ratchet has been mentioned here and there only because and this is my opinion as well, it releases the day after FF7R for PS5 which makes no sense. FF7R is going to hurt it and considering Sony paid for FF7R and obviously owns Insomniac for Ratchet, itā€™s like Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot because theyā€™re technically paying for both games to be exclusive at that time for PS5.

You can bet your ass FFXVI, Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop were cross-gen multiplatform games and Sony paid to have them exclusively on PS5.

Deathloop looks great, but Iā€™m also doubting itā€™ll be a commercial hit. I think itā€™ll be a critically well-received game, but like Prey and Dishonored isnā€™t lighting up the sales charts. The release timing could prove to be unfortunate, but this year who knows whatā€™s actually coming out. I donā€™t think launching on one platform will hurt it, especially since that platform is PlayStation.

Part of the narrative Iā€™ve seen/heard around the game is that they keep showing it and people either donā€™t understand what it is, or donā€™t want to see any more of it. Thatā€™s a problem and Iā€™m not sure how it can be fixed.

Ill be on gamepass in a year anyways so it donā€™t really matter if it bomb or not on Playstation and plus it has PC and Steam so i donā€™t think it gone to bomb.

Maybe it will do fine on Steam? Though Steam successes are relatively chaotic lol

Also they game had a confusing message regarding whether it was co-op or not. For Ghostwire at least there is a famous guy behind, but I for example still no idea how the game plays.

So if you had to guess, when do you think we can realistically expect a new singleplayer Fallout game? BGS will be busy as hell for years to come, but I canā€™t really see MS sitting on such a huge and beloved franchise for too long.

Then the second question is, who can make it? Obsidian perhaps after Avowed? I miss a proper Fallout game, and with proper I mean solo, has actual VATS (God I love VATS) like Fallout 3 and 4.

Yeah man this absolutely sounds made up

1 Like

Not until 23 at least. I think we will get Avowed first.

I could see them releasing remasters (or remakes?) of Fallout 1-NV to help bolster Game Pass and make some quick cash after paying $7.5 billion for it. Quite possibly could be down for the earlier Elder Scrolls titles too.

The reason I think this is even a remote possibility is because they could reintroduce these games on consoles with mods available. It also would also help to continue putting a spotlight on Xbox and Bethesda/Zenimax for a while without it being something huge.

No, RE8 isnā€™t delayed. That was a typo from EDGE magazine. Donā€™t know about Ratchet

I think we will be getting one sooner that people think (that is, around the same time that elder scrolls 6 releases) In the past few years zenimax has acquired a number of studios and added them to bethesda game studios, so they have multiple locations, for instance BGS Austin works on fallout 76.

imo what I think will happen is that BGS Austin makes the next mainline fallout, with supervision from BGS Maryland. I think that is why they expanded bethesda game studio to 3 locations, because they looked at the games they make and realised that they cant keep having 15 years between game installments (5 years per game, elder scrolls, fallout, starfield) because its just bad for the fan base. Who knows, maybe BGS Austin could partner with a team from Inxile or obsidian?

With 3 separate locations you can easily have a small team working on pre-production for each game at the same time, sure they might be working on pre-production for like 3 years before full production starts, but that would just allow the games to be more thought out and complete when they enter full production

If I was betting I think BGS will build up to releasing a big mainline game every 2-3 years. having an elder scrolls game every 6-7 years feels about right imo, same with fallout and the third slot which will either be Starfield 2 or a new IP

3 Likes

With tomorrow being 3/5 do you think we get an update on Bethesda?

Just to clarify -

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=deathloop+almost+cancelled+by+ZeniMax

Scrolling down, thereā€™s an article from a site I never heard of (motokurye24) that talks about Ghostwire Tokyo possibly being cancelled and itā€™s either this article or another article from a site I never heard of stating that Jason claimed two upcoming announced Bethesda games may have been possibly cancelled.

I canā€™t find Jason saying anything so either it doesnā€™t exist or the site was saying it on itā€™s own which is risky because I would think that opens them up to a lawsuit. Nevertheless, I read it as multiple games possibly being cancelled with Ghostwire Tokyo being the headline. You can call it conjecture or speculation on my part but im not the one who wrote articles about any of it a year or so ago.

ZeniMax to my knowledge has never worked with Sony in regards to even a marketing deal so when it was announced last June that Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo were both (not even one but both of them) were one year timed console exclusives and reading into it about Ghostwire Tokyo that makes me believe that these are the two games that were going to be cancelled and a payday by Sony saved them.

It was after last Juneā€™s State of Play that rumors spread that Sony was looking for timed exclusive games. The only rumor before last Juneā€™s State of Play was Final Fantasy XVI.

Iā€™ll admit that im wrong for stating things as facts but at the same time, I do believe that itā€™s simply much more than a coincidence that two games that may have been on the chopping block end up in Sonyā€™s State of Play despite ZeniMax never even having a marketing deal with them before.

Only reason I came across that article is because once Mikami took over Ghostwire Tokyo, I started my own research not for a cancellation but for any info I could find on the game because before it was revealed, I was very interested because itā€™s Mikami and Tango. And I loved The Evil Within games.

I apologize for any mis-information but at the same time, true or not, im simply posting what other websites posted. I just think thereā€™s a lot more to it than people think because two games basically go ā€œdarkā€ after E3 2019 excluding the woman leaving Tango and Mikami taking over Ghostwire until a year later in which both of them appear on Sonyā€™s State of Play and not even for a marketing deal but with them both being one year timed exclusives.

As for the site, I tried clicking the article and after several minutes, I canā€™t access the website so yeah, itā€™s probably all fake. Just seems all weird to me, thatā€™s all.

1 Like

if EU approval is the final barrier, Microsoft would want to close within 7 days max then after that they can talk since they fully own them.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Is IT FrIDaY yET?

1 Like

Arkane games are have a unique dynamic where they make the best games in their genre, but itā€™s a genre a lot of people donā€™t care about (and this is coming from someone who loves the genre dearly). While everyone loves zipping and zooming in Spiderman, feeling like a superhero, and checking a few boxes off a map, not everyone loves the stress of a stealth game where decisions matter, puzzles are actually puzzles, enemies can actually kill you, and so on.

I definitely donā€™t like how people act like immersive sims are ā€œgames for adultsā€ or anything like that because a lot of people just play games to chill and enjoy mindless fun, but itā€™s undeniable to say the added dimensions scares large groups of gamers away.