Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Ohhh yes I hope. Arkane does make interesting games. I don’t know if you played the moon crash DLC for Prey but in this DLC you also start over and over. I don’t have anything particular against this system but I hate a timer.

Deathloop doesn’t has a timer. Let’s see how it goes. What is most important for me is the lvl design. I hope they give you many different path to complete the lvl

1 Like

Quality wise, definitely better but Anthem 2 would have to stay live service. Does Gears 5 have dailies and weeklies? If not, im not so sure. Oh well, Anthem is dead so it doesn’t matter.

Deathloop is going to review well (my guess is around an 80) but I see it completely bombing in sales.

3 Likes

Everytime I read a post of Gears 5 on twitter or Facebook its just people angry lol.

Hate to break it to you guys, but ghostwire will not be lighting up the sales charts either.

5 Likes

That one gonna flop even harder. I got no idea what that game is and I dont think Sony does either :skull:

Agreed. To be honest, fine by me. I want Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo to be one and done. I want Microsoft to allow Mikami to create, develop and release his final game and to see Tango have a second team to create The Evil Within 3. As for Arkane, give me Dishonored 3 and Prey 2 (bounty hunter game). That’s what im hoping for. By 2022, both studios should be onto bigger and better things.

5 Likes

My point is that the sales are going to be low, not because of the game itself, but just due to lack of press. Returnal is being discussed frequently as ppl expect it to be an acquisition candidate. (hehe - “Sony insiders”)

Look at Medium. Although, it was low budget, the game broke even in a day or two. There was good hype generated by xbox community. I wish this for Arkane and Tango. Amazing creators. Hope Arkane gets a chance to complete LMNO and Ravenholm (Valve’s blessings needed).

The good part, as was mentioned earlier, they are about to get into AAA budget territory. Ill play those games, but they can certainly do with better marketing and hype.

Gonna be a lot of confused people when Deathloop is the best thing and most successful thing Arkane has ever made :joy:

Which is a low bar in terms of success. Dishonored and Prey weren’t huge. And Deathloop won’t be either, but it’ll be bigger than those. It’ll make money.

We must be looking at different sources, because I see it talked about and written about way more than Returnal or The Medium :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Zenimax games usually don’t sell too well outside of the elder scrolls, fallout and maybe doom and that’s the reason Bethesda agreed to sell to Microsoft. Anecdotally, I used to sell games on used games market in my country and I had a hard time selling Zenimax games. Don’t know why people ignore them.

That’s why they’ll be very good additions to gamepass as they usually make good games which have their fans but are often overlooked.

7 Likes

Agree with this too, which is why I say Deathloop being the most successful Arkane game is kind of a low bar. But the reasons I think it’ll clear it is because PS5 owners want content right now. And because the game’s style is immediately cooler and more attention grabbing than anything else they’ve done.

regarding infinite flights what i would like is one for campaign because of the massive vast scope of the campaign and obviously the multiplayer thats standard

Deathloop is limited to one console in May and is going up against Resident Evil VIII, Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster, BioMutant and then two weeks later, Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrated and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.

Hopefully, BlackheartVinyl is a secret millionaire because he’s probably going to have to buy a few million copies himself. lol.

Deathloop was going to be cancelled before Sony decided to give ZeniMax some cash and while the premise is unique and original, no one is spending $60 on it when you have far better games releasing before and after it.

And it’s a PS5 only title. I’m predicting less than 500K copies sold. Not in top 10 for May NPD and it will slowly fade away and when it hits Game Pass in 2022, everyone that plays it will say what they always say…thankfully, I waited for the game to hit Game Pass. lol.

5 Likes

lol

If Deathloop would have released in February/March, I could have seen it doing decent to good. In May, no freaking way.

i agree the may/june is looking like when things are picking up provided no delays

Source? (There is none, you just made that up)

Also, source on how you know which of these unreleased games are “far better”? There is none, because you’re just being a dismissive, contrarian AGAIN. Live the gimmick.

1 Like

Rumors going around that Resident Evil 8 and/or Ratchet get delayed. If either or both happen, then that would dramatically increase the chances of Deathloop succeeding.

rachet i can see resident evil delay would be a surprise