Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Fallout 4 is almost a different experience now than it was at launch. Plays great on the series X on worth another look if you haven’t played it since around launch.

Gonna be interesting to see what the may topic of inside infinite is maybe multiplayer?

Literally 0 blockbusters from the XGS branch since Gears 5 in 2019 and 0 KNOWN XGS 2021 games besides it and niche Grounded 1.0. They absolutely cannot delay this game again.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s not literally every single team 343i interviewed mentioned the foundation is there and in polish mode

I know. Im just saying xbox and 343 CANNOT afford another delay.

1 Like

They aren’t going to calm the fuck down its pretty obvious it’s a lot different compared to last year where the only news we got outside of the july demo was people leaving

I think they can, just like they did since 2019. Especially with the state of Game Pass, and that we have a lot more studios that will start releasing their games either before Halo or in the few months after.

As I said, I’m sure that they will not delay it. And I think 343i is also sure that they’ll deliver it this year (unless something unexpected happen)

But if E3 comes, and Xbox announced good games, and 343i showed the gamplay and announced flights, I don’t see a problem (although unlikely) if the release date was delayed a couple of months.

Thanks jez for stirring the pot lol

:joy:

The only way Microsoft can delay infinite without MAJOR blowback is if forza horizon 5 and starfield launch this year. That being said I see no reason for the games delay.

Microsoft considered launching infinites multiplayer last year, separate from the campaign which means it multiplayer was further along than the campaign. We also know that joe played the campaign to completion twice around August/September last year. Which means they where mostly content complete 6 months ago. That gave them around 14 months to fix bugs, polish, clean up the graphics, and add content to make the game not feel barebones. That’s plenty of time to get the game out, especially with so many contractors working on the game.

3 Likes

Yep I can not see another delay its way different compared to last year where for over half of the year we heard nothing about the game

I dont think people truly realise how Covid has hit the industry. I wouldn’t be surprised if Halo gets delayed, and I think its slim to none Starfield hits this year.

Ya but there’s zero reason to think that. Bethesda likes to announce games and ship them within months. It’s been in development for almost 6 years. Both fallout 4 and Skyrim took less than 4 years. For all we know it already got it’s COVID delay.

It could have been planned for 2020 but got delayed to 2021 due to COVID. It was announced almost 3 years ago, and likely had a decent amount of work done at that point. By the time COVID hit starfield probably had 4 years of dev time.

1 Like

I think we can all agree that xbox needs to go big this summer and the rest of the year to really sell people on their ecosystem. Also, what is going with crossfire x?

Really hope Xbox focuses on expanding a couple key studios instead of acquiring more studios.

I think the coalition, tango and Bethesda games could all be expanded into multi team studios.

Bethesda games seams to have one main team that’s focusing on starfield. They need to expand so they can have to teams releasing huge games. As it currently stand elder scrolls 6 looks like a 2025- 2026 game. Which would make fallout 5 if made by the same team a 2030 game or later. Maybe 2 teams focusing on these three IP’s. Or the fallout 76 team could take over on fallout full time?

I would like to see tango become a hub for Microsoft games in Japan. An option instead of trying to buy studios in Japan would be to expand tango into a 2 or maybe even 3 team studio.

Coalition obviously works on gears. But I would love to see them put together another team to try something else. They are so talented.

I think the original rumor also stated that the $500m figure included the cost of the Slipspace engine. I don’t know how expensive it is to make an engine out of scratch, but I’d guess it’s not very cheap.

I’d love this, but there have been no real signs to believe it will be. Still, I would be so down with it. I’m hungry for a new Fallout with a proper, awesome VATS.

The headline on Facebook said Fallout NV. I now see the actual title doesn’t.

Probably just MS plans for Halo Infinte to last for 10 years and the whole budget for this timeframe is 500 million. Like with Destiny :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Simple math will show that halo infinites budget over the course of the start of development in late 2015/early 2016 all the way to 2031 when they presumably stop working on any post launch content would show you that their budget would be far beyond 500 million.

500 million is a huge number dont get me wrong, but you can see how they would get to it pretty quick

343 has ~500 employees which on average cost microsoft ~100k per year (this isnt just their salary, its paying for office space, benefits, software licenses, PC to develop on, etc etc). Without any outsourcing that is already 50m per year just to keep 343 running. We also know that they are heavily using outsourcing right now to help get the game shipped. Just considering the costs to run the studio itself halo inifinite would have cost 300m to make. (50m per year, 6 years from halo 5 when infinite comes out) Include the outsourcing and you increase that number even more.

Thats not even considering the budget for ongoing support and dlc etc thats planned for after launch