Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

4 Likes

Any hints Klob as to who is next?

Even if he knew he wouldn’t tell us.

He’s gone corpo on us.

…

…

…

…

Love you :chipmunk:

1 Like

Ive never really seen Sega as a realistic acquisition target tbh lol. So Klob saying that doesnt surprise me and it has nothing to do with it being a japanese studio.

1 Like

Great, somebody took a screenshot of @Klobrille and myself’s Sega conversation and put it on Twitter.

King Ragnar commented on it and retweeted it.

King Ranger is now meta-commenting on my posts.

7 Likes

You’re going places, I see. You could be an insider next. :valle:

1 Like

WHY THE WINK?!?!:joy::sob::joy::sob:

I won’t lie. I’m a little tired because of the persistent acquisition discussions.

Xbox has the largest first-party organization today. I’ve been speculating and discussing new studios since 2018, and I am happy where Xbox first-party is today. And now there even seems to be an even bigger gaming-orientated acquisition possibly happening with Discord. Will they add more studios in the future? Probably. Will they do that short-term? Probably not. Adding Bethesda to your roster is not the sure-fire success some want it to be if all the studios and teams won’t receive proper attention, time and resources.

The Sega acquisition stuff has no foundation. It’s unfounded. And there is no solid source. It’s really time to move on. It gets boring to never be happy with what we got, but instead always just focus on what could be added.

I want to talk about the games. And Xbox has to prove that they can translate the amount of talent they have added into high-quality games for their ecosystem. I know they can and will achieve that, but it’ll require the right focus.

23 Likes

I definitely get it, I would say on XboxEra it has always been more of a “what if” and a strategic though in regard to SEGA than people actually saying it would happen. On Twitter though? Eh… people get a little crazy there.

I’m definitely very happy with where the studios are, I’m still really excited for more growth too though. Then again, I’m not the one who probably gets messaged every 20 minutes about acquisitions from crazy people online. haha

Who do you think in the next five years will be the crowning jewels at Xbox?

I’m thinking (if we’re picking 3) it’ll be Playground, Ninja Theory, and Obsidian.

Ninja Theory

Playground

Obsidian

BGS

I still believe Coalition wont get proper recognition as long as they are tied to Gears.

3 Likes

Really can’t see them getting anymore publishers come to think of it

For me.

Arkane

Obsidian

Playground

1 Like

This is a good list. I think I would add Rare to it. Sea of Thieves is awesome now and Everwild looks super interesting.

1 Like

I see we are sleeping on InXile.

1 Like

Im sleeping cause their game not gonna be out until then lmao

Hahaha true

Think they are top 6 surely. Mostly depends on Everwild’s success.

Inxile

Ninja Theory

Bethesda

Obsidian

The Initiative

The Coalition (if they develop their own IP)

Arkane

Turn 10

Playground

343 (if they knock it out of the park with Halo Infinite)

1 Like

Glad we agree on the specific disclaimer.

1 Like

Gears is a good game, but they’ll never be known as something more unless they let it rest a little and put their minds and great skills to something unique.

See Killzone and Horizon Zero dawn.

If The Coalition gets to make a Star Wars game, an action adventure one in the veins of the Mandalorian they’re good for life.