Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

How about an RPG inside FH4 map?

Get out of the Nissan car with your sword to interview an NPC or fight a random dragon. :slightly_smiling_face:

There has got to be an event in Forza Horizon 5 where you race against a dragon while the Skyrim theme plays.

2 Likes

Just add third person characters, give them simple ragdoll physics and Gun machanism.

You have a battle royal :crazy_face:

1 Like

I mean, there’s already Halo easter eggs in The Outer Worlds now, wouldn’t be surprised if we see Xbox double down on this with Bethesda as well.

SoT will certainly be one of the earlier ones to get these crossovers for sure, in their case, it can be pretty explicit direct drop rather than an obscure reference. We will definitely see Doomslayer armor set in Halo Infinite, maybe a TES easter egg in Avowed, etc.

Wait there’s Halo easter eggs in The Outer Worlds? Must have been in the DLC because I would have remember that when I played the game at launch.

yeah, it’s in the latest DLC. I was watching Alanah’s impressions video on it and came across it. Won’t say what’s the reference if you’re intending to play it haha.

Plus with Playgrounds humor, Bethesda references could work well with Forza Horizon 5.

Dragon comes roaring across a frozen landscape

Male Announcer Guy: Is that… IS THAT A DRAGON?

Female Announcer Person: Yup!

Male Announcer Guy: Where did you get a dragon?

Female Announcer Person: Some guy named Todd in Maryland.

Male Announcer Guy: You bought an actual fire-breathing dragon from some guy named Todd in Maryland?

Female Announcer Person: Yup!

Male Announcer Guy: How much did that cost?!

Female Announcer Person: Only 7.5 Billion. We spare no expense here at the Horizon Festival after all.

Male Announcer Guy: I need to ask for a raise.

6 Likes

No matter if the Zenimax board was dissolved or not (I believe it was), they would be able to have the Bethesda studio under MSFT be the legal acquirer (meaning a new dev would merge into the Bethesda part of the corporate structure) but it would still be seen as a MSFT acquisition.

It wouldn’t change anything from our perspective either. Even if they acquire a dev who really wants to be part of Bethesda, it’s still a dev working for Xbox. Also the fat stack of cash/stock wouldn’t be coming directly from Bethesda; that’s why most aspects of M&A look at the companies on a consolidated basis unless there’s reason to look at specific subsidiaries.

I think in theory they can, yes. As a more concrete example, LinkedIn also made acquisitions while being under the Microsoft banner.

8 Likes

So do you think Microsoft would have better success acquiring Japanese developers under the Bethesda umbrella then through the XGS arm? Bethesda is already established in Japan through Tango.

Other than for organisational reasons I don’t think it would make any difference. Phil is beloved and respected across the entire industry, so whether they would put a theoretical additional Japan studio under the XGS and Bethesda flag ultimately won’t matter. One might argue that Matt Booty already has a lot of studios and teams to overwatch though, but that’s just a personal note.

8 Likes

So you’re saying the answer is to acquire Sega.

Gotcha. Read ya loud and clear.

1 Like

If you want a loud and clear post by me: they won’t acquire Sega :wink:

11 Likes

Clearly this is double speak. I’m onto your coded messages Squirrel…

Or should I say… :philwins:

I mean, we’ve never seen @Klobrille and @XboxP3 at the same place at the same time.

Additionally, when @Klobrille was at X019 in Germany, Phil was also there…

:chief_think:

3 Likes

I think it will be Bethesda who acquire IOI and Nordisk

Finally someone who agrees

2 Likes

What did it purchase?

That’s definitely not what I wanted to hear :sob:

3 Likes

in 2021 for sure.