Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

What if you can get a Vault Boy fidget spinner though???

3 Likes

Hellblade II looks like a 2022 title to me as well. Good candidate for some gameplay this year though, I think.

10 Likes

I also think HB2 will appear this year. Xbox Showcase of summer will come :fire:.

I would say a very good candidate considering it was revealed with an in-engine trailer in 2019.

Yeah I would not be surprised to see Ninja Theory make an appearance within the next couple months while Microsoft is showing off and talking about their tech. They made a little cameo last year working with Microsoft Research on training game AI. They are one of Microsoft’s cutting edge studios for tech. Also Epic is pulling back the curtains on UE5 really soon (nanite and lumens out in April). Ninja Theory will be one of the studios most capable of showing off a lot of the tech from Microsoft’s R&D and Epic’s UE5 so I’d be surprised if we had to wait to the summer to see them again.

2 Likes

I wonder if MS will start investing in VR in the future. Or maybe it will just partner with Facebook.

You just can’t watch this trailer once. Have to watch it again and again and again…

1 Like

I need

1 Like

If the game can’t launch before Halo Infinite then there isn’t much reason to release it this year anyways.

But man a demo with the game running on actual Series X hardware would be huge. Especially if it looks close to the 2019 video.

Speaking of Hellblade 2, compared to the first one what things do you want to see changed / improved or added? I saw people saying or wondering if this would be Xbox’s “God of War”, which will also mean it’s going to be significantly longer.

It’s going to be open world, isn’t it?

What I want is to expand the scope. Less reliance on puzzles to halt progression, but not get rid of them, a bigger world (not necessarily open world, just wider) with more explore and optional tasks/enemies. More enemies types and more fighting in general as well.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting question. This is the same studio with a lot of the same people who have made DmC and Enslaved. They hired new combat leads. You’d think that there would be better action. Personally I found the puzzles to be the worst aspect of Hellblade 1. Love the atmosphere, music, immersion and story telling. Worthy experience for that stuff alone. Puzzles were tedious. Hellblade is a very interesting world for a narrative driven action adventure. While I wouldn’t expect full on God of War action, I hope they lean a little more in that direction.

2 Likes

Hellblade II is not a big game. Bigger than one, but not big.

2 Likes

Speaking of Enslaved, would be nice to have NT trying another try at the formula, even if not the same IP at least a spiritual successor.

1 Like

New combat leads sounds good to me, because while it was doing its job in the first one…it can definitely be a lot better. I quite enjoyed DmC and Enslaved myself, so this is great news if you ask me.

Hell yeah! Especially Enslaved. Both the combat and exploration was done really well in that game. I’d love something similar to that in the future.

I’m fine with that. Don’t know if I want them to go full open world.

Yeah, it potentially can be the next God of War true.

just me or anyone else want fewer open world games moving forward, not more?

6 Likes

I want more RPGs and GTA

lol cute. :slight_smile: