Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

It does seem that something is brewing in regards to Starfield…

I’ll restrain my hype levels for the moment. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Not really surprised. And to think that some people tend to say that there’s no media bias. SMH. What a fucking joke.

4 Likes

It is to a degree.

I don’t think people acted negatively to Hellblade 2 being exclusive (first party example).

I don’t remember people getting upset about STALKER 2 being exclusive (niche third party example).

I also don’t recall people getting mad about Phantasy Star Online 2 either (still sorta niche third party).

Xbox hasn’t done something major like Rise of the Tomb Raider since… well Dead Rising 4 (that I can recall), so I’m willing to wait and see what happens if they do it again (I don’t know if they will, they seem very in-house focused).

I will reiterate though, there have been some really astounding takes by the media in regards to Xbox news/content and I’m honestly saddened by the fact the only Xbox Podcasts that seem to actually be informed (usually) is Defining Duke and XboxERA.

2 Likes

Don’t forgot Jeff Grubb. :slightly_smiling_face:

Like I said hypocritical

1 Like

In fairness, the decision to be on PlayStation 4 first was all Ninja Theory’s and had nothing to do with Sony. They released on PlayStation 4 first because they didn’t have the resources to do both at the same time and went with the bigger user install base first which makes sense.

1 Like

I saw some negativity to Hellblade 2. In the case of PSO, I think it was viewed as a necessary evil. As for STALKER, that series has never been on console at all, so it coming to it was more a bonus than a subtraction to any party. The only ones I’ve seen upset about it are those afraid it will “dumb down” the game (I’m not too worried. If flight sim can run on a controller, STALKER can).

2 Likes

Welcome back The Elder Scrolls!!! Hehehe.

1 Like

6 gonna be huge thats a title that can compete with the biggest ip out there

I feel like most of that was due to it being not on the console certain users prefer (I mean, it was the title that went along with the Series X announcement).

We’ll also have some growing pains with these discussions too because we haven’t seen Xbox firing on all cylinders yet. In a few years I think we’ll start seeing the narrative change A LOT.

And by a few years, I think by the end of 2022. So soon. lol

1 Like

Agreed. The Elder Scrolls is a massive IP.

No, I mean a pattern with this individual person. Who literally has also said she expects Hellblade 2 on PS5.

1 Like

Anyone with common sense

Expansion packs for FO76 and TES online multi

Doom Eternal Expansions likely multi

Ghostwire and Deathloop timed

Everything else will be as exclusive as any other XGS games Including Starfield and Indiana Jones

1 Like

I say this with the most respect, but I feel like most of the Kinda Funny crew (both current and former) don’t really put the effort into Xbox information like they should (if anyone needs a reference, watch their KF Gamescast episode about Game Pass from last week). They’re likeable individuals that obviously have a preference towards PlayStation/Nintendo (which there’s nothing wrong with), but they never seem to bring Parris or Snowbike Mike onto these shows, which is weird. Its to the point that KF XCast had to be a fan-funded goal in order to happen.

Once Xbox is firing on all cylinders though, I think it’ll start forcing media to pay better attention. Flight Sim, Ori, and Forza Horizon helped the last couple years, but Halo: Infinite and Hellblade 2 (or maybe a diferent title) need to knock it out of the park too.

Xbox Game Studios marketing could be better too, especially when it comes to Game Pass advertising, but I bet that’ll change too once the Zenimax deal closes.

Master Chief, Marcus Fenix/Kait Diaz, Ori, Doomguy, Dragonborn, Vault Boy/Power Armor, Senua, Joanna, Pirate (SoT), and a few more characters (or even vehicles for Forza and Flight Sim) should really be marketed together more like some of the OG Game Pass stuff.

2 Likes

Can you imagine if it had co-op :scream:

1 Like

Yes please. I don’t really get excited for BGS stuff, but that would do it.

Cool, more off-topic bias discussion…so yeah how about those Xbox Games Studios and the games they make?

I never played a lot of Shadowrun back in the day. I think the setting is awesome, but I’m not sure what you’d do with the IP in today’s gaming environment. Maybe something like Beneath/Beyond a Steel Sky?

2 Likes

Hey, I tried making sure my points remained on topic!

I think Shadowrun could really be made into any genre, so I’d be open to whatever (its a universe I haven’t delved into myself). I think Xbox realizes how important it is to get some of these cult favorite universes out there, especially since they’re giving Warhammer 40K: Darktide some funding.

Tap Monolith to make an action-RPG with the Nemesis System.

1 Like

The music in the starfield trailer is so good. Also, I really like the Starfield logo haha.

Imagine if Starfield turns out to be a 90+ banger, on par with their best releases. I don’t think people have realized what that could potentially do for Xbox as an exclusive. Todd and the team have been dreaming about making this game for a very long time, only held back by the technology at that time. I have no doubts they have something really special cooking. A full trailer/deep dive to drop within 3-4 months, can’t wait.

(77) Todd Howard Elon Musk and Pete Hines interviews about Starfield - YouTube

Compilation of stuff Todd and Pete have said about Starfield.

1 Like