Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

@Shakez

Welcome to the community and excellent post regarding Bethesda. I agree completely and expecting all of their games to be fully exclusive to Xbox/PC with the exception of Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo.

1 Like
  • My prediction for Indiana Jones is 2025.

• Would love to see a Gears spin off in terms of survival horror like Resident Evil Remake and The Evil Within but set in the Gears universe.

2 Likes

Just had an interesting thought (but also stupid), what if Gears was an FPS and Halo was a TPS?

Think Halo would translate better than Gears.

2 Likes

so apparently there is supposed to be good news this week, wonder what it is

Likely BC news, the framerate doubling stuff

4 Likes

This is even more exciting to me than Techland :joy:

Why canā€™t they do both like Bethesda Skyrim and Fallout style where you get both camera and you choose how you play.

I donā€™t think cover based shooting translates really well to first person.

2 Likes

They should try MechAssault.

TC need more time to make the next Gears. Would love for them to get the same time as 343 have for Halo. Fully realise thier ideas and vision

2 Likes

That would be neat (as long as Gears keeps going too). Although Iā€™d also accept Iron Brigade II from Double Fine.

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hopefully the iPhone Xbox app can just take us to it with a link.

Nah I just want another great Gears game. Out with the open world, back to the linear good story telling. Keep the combat mechanics already in place. 3 to 4 years is plenty for that. Canā€™t be putting every game on 6 year dev cycle, they already canā€™t deliver games right now to be quite frank. If they acquire enough studios to give them 50 teams then sure go for whatever, but until then I feel like actually having games released.

2 Likes

Too true. I mean its the 21st most played game on Xbox liveā€¦so the IP is clearly dying and MS should cancel it. So what if its ahead of 5000 other games? If a handful of people who

a) Donā€™t like Gears.

b) Donā€™t play Gears.

want to cancel the IP MS should respect their wishes, burn all the meta content, franchising and 15 years of nostalgia and fire everyone at The Coalition.

This is all sarcasm

2 Likes

Thanks man!

Indeed with have a great year ahead of us! Halo infinite will be the biggest surprise in my opinion.

Dont know what 5-6 years of Dev time in Gears would do anyway.

1 Like

Xbox be struggling to put games out and some of yall be wanting to put out games every half a decade. How???

5 Likes

Youā€™re welcome.

2021 in general but especially the second half should be great for Xbox going into 2022. Iā€™m very much looking forward to Halo Infinite and seeing the re-reveal in a few months.