Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

I believe Bethesda Game Studios Austin was the main developer on Fallout 76. The next mainline Fallout will arrive from Todd’s team in Maryland without a doubt. following bethesda over the years though, expect faster turnout on some of their games with the amount of knowledge and support the studio now have. (every 4-5 years)

A lot of Zenimax’s other studios are split studios and have multiple teams though. Arkane has two studios as an example, but I highly doubt arkane wants to do a lot of support work for other studios.(they were one the lead developers of Wolfenstein Young Blood and it didn’t turn out great.)

Edit: I wouldn’t be surprised if Starfield releases at the end of the year. Todd said in a recent interview if he could, he would announce a game a week before release. :wink:

I can’t wait to see what Compulsion is working on. We Happy Few was such a great surprise and I think the game turned out fantastic. Really excited for their next project.

1 Like

They only did “additional work” on Fallout 76 and will probably continue to support it. I don’t think they are working on their own project.

Arkane Austin(Prey and now a fantasy project) and Arkane Lyon(Dishonored and Deathloop) are full game development studios like the two Playground Games studios. Bethesda Austin/Montreal/Dallas are support studios like Skybox Labs, Ccertain Affinity and Sperasoft are to 343i.

I just thought about it, does anyone think Ms would go after eidos if square are serious about selling after the avengers flop

Square is not going to sell their company. if anything is going to happen with square they might spin eqidos off into its own business and depending on circumstances they might be better off as an independent developer like IOI Interactive (who used to be part of square Eidos).

Who knows honestly, I think square can still see some some value in eidos though, it was one flop. Those Tomb Raider games sell really well.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this on our Acquisition OT and I think they absolutely would, especially if Tomb Raider’s IP is sold as-is. Deus Ex and the teams that had their hand in them are a perfect fit for Xbox and would bolster the immersive-stealth-sim niche with Arkane just like InXile, Obsidian, Bethesda, and Playground will have for RPGs. Plus, regardless of Indy’s exclusivity state, Tomb Raider and Crystal Dynamics being exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem would be an incredible addition.

6 Likes

Crackdown 4 may be in development at Sumo:

6 Likes

Please no, let that IP rest for quite a while. Microsoft can be such a strange company at times. They’re sitting in so many different IPs and ignore them while they insist on some tired ones.

This is if they’re working on it, but it’s just a speculation right now.

1 Like

Don’t assume its going to be with Xbox Game Studios, it could be any publisher at this point.

That is true, but established AAA Open World Action game is pretty specific, and it lines up with what we know about Global Publishing’s Next Project.

Let Crackdown die in peace.

3 Likes

Lord no.

1 Like

Deus Ex feels like the type of game Xbox has been gravitating towards. Would feel very at home I feel on Xbox.

2 Likes

Crackdown 3 didn’t give enough reason for the Crackdown series to continue existing. All those years and the end product was lackluster. Absolutely 0 interest in another Crackdown.

Please let it be true :sob: despite the flaws Crackdown 3 is just a extremely fun mayhem game :neutral_face: A sequel could expand greatly on the flaws. (More bosses, more traversing abilitys, a better story, more physics and a lot explosions!)

13 Likes

if its really crackdown 4…honestly who cares? nobody is forcing us to buy it, I think it would be kinda funny if they announced it a few months before launch. Xbox has so many games currently in development I’m not going to be upset that one game I don’t care that much for is being developed. if Its crackdown I’ll give it a shot on Game Pass, to turn another one out isn’t going to take some extreme amount of time like the last game either. Maybe it could be decent? who knows, personally I don’t think its Crackdown and I don’t really think there is much to gather from here.

That linkedin post that klobrille posted could’ve sorta been a typo for all we know.

2 Likes

If true, this pains me a bit. Not because I don’t think Crackdown couldn’t be a great game, but because they were given around 6 years to do something with the franchise just to clone Crackdown 2 with a multiplayer mode nobody asked for.

Game needs a total overhaul and a total reboot. If they ever bring Crackdown back it needs to be built from the ground up. The gameplay in 2 felt so outdated and I cannot believe they thought using a decade old formula with next to no changes would fly well.

It needs to be completely different in all but name IMO.

I know Phil likes Crackdown, but this is giving me teachers per vibes. 3 got a metacritic of 60 and was really the nail in the coffin for the ‘Xbox has no games’ narrative. Even if the XSX and XSS do have the power to incorporate actual destruction into the open world, the gameplay needs to play differently and needs a lot more depth.

Edit: but I will gladly take Crackdown over Dead Rising. No more Dead Rising, please.

1 Like

The gameplay is great don’t know what you are talking about. How long have you played?

2 Likes

Aren’t they working on Dead Island 2? Feels like that would count.

1 Like

Hey who knows, maybe they’ve become the support studio for Dying Light 2 as well :laughing: