Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Yea they really pissed me off

If it does turn out to be weak I hope Xbox starts partnering with better studios again for Xbox game Publishing. Stalker 2 is promising, but what about the studio, are they known for a great quality output?

Another reason why Iā€™m so happy with the immense growth of XGS. They donā€™t have to rely nearly as much on other studios anymore. The only downside is the long wait.

Iā€™m sure itā€™ll get plenty of interest through Game Pass alone. I donā€™t recall Blair Witch having any issues.:slight_smile:

They have been kinda shitty since longgggg before Cyberpunk released. Cyberpunk is the cherry on top.

I think the best candidate for a Star Wars IP is Arkane Lyon once they finish Deathloop. I think they could bring something different to the IP. The reason KOTOR was so incredible for itā€™s time aside from being a high quality game was it was something different and offered a unique way to explore the Star Wars universe. Just like KOTOR gained Bioware mainstream attention back when they were only known by a niche of hardcore gamers, I believe a Star Wars license could bring Arkane the attention they deserve and sorely donā€™t get despite excellent game design.

Think of how you level up powers in Dishonored and itā€™s switch between melee and shooter combat. I could see a developing Jedi fit into that scenario.

2 Likes

A Bounty Hunter Immersive Sim or a Jedi/Sith game with the Dishonored morality system would be amazing.

4 Likes

Yep. I expect it to be a well made game, but IMO the gameplay setup probably isnā€™t going to appeal to that wide of an audience even if reviews well. Itā€™s certainly not really something that Iā€™m drawn to want to play, and itā€™s definitely going to be used as console war fodder. Itā€™s also my opinion that if this game was being made by a more famous studio, the positive and negative opinions would be even more pronounced even if the game was exactly the same as what we end up getting from Bloober.

Keep in mind every game comming to gamepass wonā€™t sell well. It doesnā€™t matter because itā€™s on gamepass. Sales donā€™t matter

2 Likes

Commercially or critically? If it reaches an audience over Game Pass it should be fine comercially. As for critical, this is Blooberā€™s best team (The Observer team) so hopefully it works out.

I feel like Medium should have had some element of combat, hate to say it but Iā€™m probably just going to watch a play through while multi-tasking

Their problems werenā€™t caused by resources, they had plenty of them. Their main problem was management and thatā€™s not easily fixable.

2 Likes

Honestly canā€™t see the management sticking around much longer. I think Cyberpunks dev took its toll and I think theyā€™ll accept the offer that comes in

ā€¦bruh sorry for metacommentary but reallyā€¦ I got banned from era forā€¦ Abusing the report system

9 Likes

Letā€™s leave the metacommentary there.

Welcome back. Hopefully youā€™ll stick around a bit longer this time!

1 Like

Some predictions about the future of each XGS studio. What we can expect this gen

343: Halo Infinite continued support, expansions for the campaign. ODST successor

The Coalition: Gears 6, Perfect Dark multiplayer. Gears 7.

Turn 10: Forza Motorsport. Assisting on Fable.

Playground Horizon: Forza Horizon Hot wheels and Horizon 5. Eventually Horizon becomes a platform.

Playground Fable: Fable and Fable II, plus expansions for both.

Ninja Theory: Hellblade II, new IP.

Inexile: new AAA IP

The Initiative: Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark II

Obsidian: Avowed. The Outer Worlds 2. Small scale RPG.

2 Likes

Ninja Theory has already annunce THE INSIGHT PROJECT and PROJECT MARA as new IPs

1 Like

Bethesda: Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI.

Roundhouse: Prey

Arkane Austin: New IP. A new Dishonoured series.

Arkane Lyon: Deathloop. New IP.

Machine games: Wolfenstein III and Indy.

Tango: Ghostwire. New IP thatā€™s a successor to Dino Crisis. Directed by Mikami.

Compulsion. New IP

1 Like

There we go

Meh leave Arkane alone :no_mouth:

1 Like

You really donā€™t like star wars at all. :matrick_emote: