Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Every problem CDPR have is easily fixed by the resources of MS. I think the management would sell for far less then what they say they are worth as well

Theyre a public company. Thats not how it works

Ahh yea forgot they were public.

The main problem being they own 0 IPā€™s, put out 1 game every 5 years and are valued at 7 billion is still there.

Insomniac puts out elite level games for Sony and it only cost them 250 million lol. Literally 30 million less than what Neymar cost PSG.

1 Like

CDPR is so ridiculously overpriced, for just .5 B more microsoft got Bethesda (a better RPG dev then CDPR), id, arkane, machine games, tango, etc etc AND the IP, there is no way that microsoft would buy CDPR, it just doesnt make any sense. And the headcount differences!, CDPR has ~1100 employees to zenimaxes ~2300. Plus the management team isnt any good, which is something that microsoft wouldnt want to have to fix.

IF (and I do mean IF, I dont think they will) they have another bethesda sized purchase in them I think they will go for ubisoft, and keep everything multiplatform, but just include it in gamepass, or capcom. The problem with capcom is that they are doing well enough that they are unlikely to sell imo.

2 Likes

Why are they valued so high? They have noting of value, really. Do they own a single IP?

Iā€™d be delighted if MS bought CDPR. They made some bad mistakes with Cyberpunk, but there are still great things in that game & they are still a very talented dev studio. Never played the first Witcher, but Assassinā€™s of Kings & The Wild Hunt are both fantastic action RPGs through & through.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any chance it happens though. If they are actually valued at about 7 billion, then they are far too expensive. Plus MS already have more than one very talented RPG dev studio. Iā€™d guess theyā€™re in the market for something a bit different right now. Like Bloober or Asobo.

I think GoG inflates their price quite a bit. That and most publicly traded companies are overvalued imo.

CD Projekt is the parent company while CD Projekt Red, the developers we know, is a subsidiary. GOG (the digital distribution platform) is also one of their subsidiaries.

Also, since CD Projekt is a public company, their Market Cap is affected by its stock value. A year ago their stock was valued at $20. It peaked at $39 during the Cyberpunk pre-release hype. And it now crashed back to their older value after the whole launch fiasco.

Sounds like a scam, haha.

Thatā€™s exacly why the investors want to sue the company :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dont know why its so hard for people to grasp this lol. For the current CD Projekt Money you can get WB off AT&T probably.

I donā€™t know why, but Iā€™ve got a bad feeling that The Medium is going to flop. I hope Iā€™m wrong.

2 Likes

Heyho maybe we should take the acquisition talk out of the thread, shall we?

In regards to Project Mara Iā€™m not heavily interested because I struggle with horror games.

Thought the game looks somewhat real? It does not impress me for some reason because it looks soooo real. Odd right?

I think this game comes early 2022. Perfect for a January release. I donā€™t think it will be a surprise announcement for this year.

Those two unannounced games are most likely FH5 and something unknown. Not Starfield (already announced) or Wolfenstein 3 (I predict a 2022 release)

1 Like

its an indie game, we can not demand much. but it will be a good game. :wink:

1 Like

God, I hope not. The whole concept is great and I want it to be good. But I think I see where youā€™re coming from. Bloober has made games with moments of good things but overall they werenā€™t great, not in my opinion. But this looks like it could be the game where they really put themselves on the map.

1 Like

Iā€™m not expecting much. Its not a AAA game and the studio thats making it isnā€™t exactly tier 1. Just going to take it for what it is

1 Like

Only reason people are keeping that much eye into it is because its launching on xbox and people are ready to use it for console war ammo be it good or bad.

Fuck CDPR.

1 Like