Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

If Microsoft has the opportunity to acquire CDPR, they should do so without hesitation in my opinion. CDPR sold 13M copies of Cyberpunk 2077 AFTER refunds in 10 DAYS. That’s fucking insane and well worth acquiring. CDPR would give more mainstream publicity to the Xbox brand than all the other development studios they have combined. Hoping this happens!!! Let’s go baby!!!

5 Likes

yoooooo

11 Likes

Yep especially at a good price maybe Microsoft can get in there and fix whatever is going on over there not to mention they have had a close partnership remember witcher 2 was only on 360 in terms of console and had marketing for both witcher 3 and cyberpunk2077

1 Like

Not worth the money by any metric at all. Insomniac cost 1/4 billion for starters.

1 Like

Microsoft will not buy CD Projekt. Please stop :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Project Mara update. Game is set in a realistically rendered apartment so that should give you an idea of the scope of the game.

These people are using LIDAR technology. Impressive.

Insane

16 Likes

Even with the issues that Cyberpunk 2077 has, it’s still a top 100 game of the generation. It’s still at the very least an 8.0/10. Here’s how you know when a game is great or not - when it has issues like Cyberpunk 2077 does and yet, those who played and completed it still praise it.

Plus, I have played Homefront The Revolution and Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 at launch for $60 each. Both fucking sucked and were a technical disaster on PS4 yet people somehow someway thought it would be a good idea to play Cyberpunk 2077 on 2013 hardware. SMH. Should the game have been delayed? Yes. Should they have cancelled the PS4/Xbox One versions? Absolutely but they didn’t do either so at some point, it has to be on the consumer to make the final decision and live with that decision or just refund the game which apparently at most was only a few hundred thousand while the other 13M decided to keep their purchase including me.

I have played and completed way fucking worse than what Cyberpunk 2077 is and it’s only because CDPR is immensely popular and majority love them which is why they have all this heat on them. If they were City Interactive or some shitty development studio/publisher that can barely sell 1M copies of their game, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

To each their own but I disagree. 13M sales at full price after refunds in 10 days says the metrics are extremely great.

1 Like

HOLY WOW THAT IS AWESOME!!!

1 Like

Really nice tidbit from the video :

7 Likes

Wish More xbox studios did little videos like this. Just short and sweet.

2 Likes

Another screenshot from Mara

1 Like

I can’t comment on that, not every game is the same. But if a game has big ambitions, last gen can be detrimental a lot to its scale and quality. They could limit or ommit some features like shadow of mordor did, where their nemesis system wasn’t present on ps360 versions. Just look at cyberpunk 2077 fiasco. But if a game has smaller scope and ambitions, it should be fine.

This 100%.

It’s probably hard now because of the work-from-home but I wish more XGS studios would follow the model of Ninja Theory, Obsidian (with Grounded’s Vlogs) and Rare (with multiple development updates about Sea of Thieves).

The Sprint series about Halo 5’s development was fantastic too with high-production value. Too bad that it’s not returning with Halo Infinite (though it’s understandable).

1 Like

Yes that is very high on my wishlist. More insight into the studios and devs please.

1 Like

1 Like

FYA:

cool

Exclusive: Hands-on with The Medium on Xbox Series X - Xbox Wire

10 Likes

After watching that Project Mara video, I wonder if this is one of the “big” games that’s coming this year that Jez hinted at.

It’s a smaller scale game focused on psychological horror set in one location. Easily could be the Xbox equivalent of PT.

2 Likes

That would be a quick turnaround wasn’t it announced last year

Early last year (January I believe). The scale of the game is pretty small (only the apartment) and its based on a real apartment so the skeleton of the map would’ve been done like forever ago. Things like building reactive systems, gameplay mechanics, story and Mocap sessions with Melina will take time though, especially with many of the same team hard at work on Senua’s Saga and Covid impacting mocap (with Hellblade 2 obviously top priority when the studio reopened). Still, I think 2021 is a possibility. Bloober puts out games of this size rather frequently, so an extra almost 2 years for NT with some design work already done should help.