Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Also, guys. As Dusk Falls isn’t mentioned in that list. Could it have been shadow delayed to 2022?

True. I was under the impression they were very well received but not up to EA’s sales expectations hence why there hasn’t been a third. Not sure though.

Edit: Apparently it sold 12 million copies. No idea why they didn’t make another then.

1 Like

As Dusk Falls, like Forza, was never given a firm date if I recall correctly. As such, it has neither been delayed nor confirmed. I think we’ll hear more on it at the next showcase. Tbh, have no idea what to make of that game, or how long a game of its style might take to make, how easy it is to work on at home, etc. It’s intriguing.

1 Like

Yes! The anti-Gears contingent are SO AGGRESSIVE about killing a franchise that a lot of people still love (in multiple topics even), it’s really annoying.

5 Likes

PSO2: New Genesis not on that list. I’m scared.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, it’s not a new game right? It’s a big overhaul expansion. I can see why they may not include it, but with the Yakuza trilogy taking up space on the list they may as well have put it. I wouldn’t read too much into it. Stalker 2 is 2021 but is MIA on the list, but was still given an update today on the blog.

it’s very much gonna be like say, Kentucky Route Zero meets Oxenfree from what I’ve seen of it, and tbh the tv and movie inspirations they’re bringing into this has me super excited no matter what it is. It’s probably the first foray of Xbox to try out this sort of TV-style interactive narrative “video game” FOR gamepass. Who knows, just give me a good story, characters and some meaningful gameplay at least (see GRIS) and I’ll be sold no matter what.

2 Likes

Hoping they just forgot, I mean STALKER 2 isn’t there either. They’re doing closed beta tests in Japan scheduled for late January-early February, so I’d say it’s still on track for 2021.

Yeah, I think this style of game and others like Tell Me Why fit the Game Pass platform beautifully. They work especially well in downtime months. August would be a good time to release IMO.

2 Likes

I just wanted to take a minute to say I love Gears don’t kill it. Also grow The Coalition and have them make a Mech Assault game. They can have 2 teams.

2 Likes

Wolfenstein, I’m almost sure

Xbox have other unannounced games for 2021…

I would bet on Wolfenstein 3, Starfield, a AAA open world by Game publishing and Forza Horizon 5

No, it’s a new game. PSO2 (vanilla) is going to continue to exist and be updated even, separately. New Genesis is really PSO3 in all but name.

1 Like

This is VERY accurate.

7 Likes

Yes, I knew it! We will be getting REDACTED 2 this year! Finally!

2 Likes

Stubbs the Zombie 2! Let’s go!

I am in the camp I would like 343 and TC to work on 2 games like Playground Obsidian and the other studios are doing

There you go again saying people here are anti Gears or want to kill it when time and time again thats not what is discussed. Everybody here likes or loves Gears in a shape or form and just want what is best for the franchise be it more games or more space in between releases to make demand for it.

2 Likes

I say it because it’s true. You’re not fooling anyone.

If we get 2 out the 4 you said its a great year for Xbox to me at least