Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

hot james mcavoy GIF

2 Likes

Are we getting REDACTED 2 this year? Let’s goooo!!!

1 Like

This game will always be a mystery to me :grinning:

2 Likes

Fans of “other platforms too”, would be something of a moist squib.

From that list, The Gunk, Ascent and 12 minutes are the biggest exclusives,for me. Hence why I think MS still needs to up the ante in their 3rd person AAA bangers (that aren’t Gears). Starfield is that game.

2 Likes

Someone asked him if it was game related, to which he said it was. Then, he was asked if it was specific to a game or for Xbox fans in general, and he responded to both. As for exclusives, I don’t care about the POV, give me a good game first.

1 Like

I’m just hopeful that they have held something back for announcing this summer. It’s been a long time since I’ve been confident that Xbox will always have something new to reveal.

damn what the hell could the DICE dev be alluding to lmao

Aren’t they busy with Battlefield Next?

Surprised more people aren’t talking about this on Reset. Quite a few things that are not yet announced?

Big things? Small things? Why would DICE dev know? Xbox hopefully got something with Lucas Arts, maybe that’s how he knows?

2 Likes

developer friends :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

This. There is a lot of movement between studios.

1 Like

cuz they’re busy concern trolling lol

6 Likes

Word spreads in inner circles. That’s where a lot of these leaks comes from probably. For example, hypothetically, someone from Bioware has lunch with a guy from Next Level Games and they tell the guy they are working on Mass Effect 4. Next Level Games Guy has a discord chat with a girl from Sony Santa Monica and lets it slip. Sony Santa Monica girl plays Tennis with a guy from Ubisoft. The guy from Ubisoft tells it to a journalist buddy over drinks and the Journalist leaks it.

This is all hypothetical of course, not saying thid exact situation happened. It just means it’s not impossible from someone at DICE to know what MS has brewing, especially if it involves firms in the same relative area like MachineGames, Embracer Group and Paradox.

2 Likes

yeah thats what I figured as well, was just wondering what could be a good DICE exclusive that’s not Battlefield, that’s all haha.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not impossible. DICE, EA and Microsoft get alone fairly well. It would have to be one hell of an expensive moneyhat or risky project EA is willing to sell (like Titanfall) for that to happen though.

Im just imagining the day to day of these devs lol, this guy/gal probably had some of his coworkers in his DMs when posting this, carefully telling him

"sure, you can say that, just don’t say it THAT way ok?" and he’s like

“urggh this is so hard. Fine, can I at least add a shushing face emoji :shushing_face: or is that too much too?” and they’re like,

“hmm, seems a bit over-revealing, but I guess it does add to the excitement so fuck it, sure go ahead, but just that one emoji, nothing else ok?”

lolol

naaaah, BF being exclusive is just suicidal. And tbh they don’t need to make any EA game exclusive as EA play is already a good service on gamepass allowing for 10 hr trials for new games, which can easily net purchases from let’s say, a 10 million (PC and Ultimate) and growing gamepass member pool. That’s a much better deal for EA than making their biggest title not named FIFA or Star Wars exclusive, cuz they get the sales on other platforms but also bring in people to xbox ecosystem and into gamepass for the sake of EA Play, which is what Microsoft would also love.

1 Like

Titanfall 3 found a funder? :pray:

1 Like

would be almost poetic given the first Titanfall launched around the same time in the last generation as an exclusive. However with a much bigger fanbase this time around not just by virtue of Xbox having included PC in its ecosystem now and also TF2 becoming a sort of cult classic amongst many.

I think a mainline Battlefield would be a bad move too, but something riskier like a Bad Company 3 or new IP I could see.

tbh why tf would Bad Company 3 not be a mainline title haha, aren’t the previous games in that series really well regarded? Idk I wasn’t into these games back when they were made but I played BC2 last year or so and it was a pretty good game, was it a spinoff series or something? Cuz it has every right to be mainline.