Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Does it matter if they’re timed or not? A bunch of these look awesome, and if they’re GamePass even better!

5 Likes

I really want to play Ascent and Tunic. Was going to buy Ascent, but see its on gamepass, but will def buy Tunic

1 Like

I can’t wait for Sable. The music from the first trailer by Japanese Breakfast is amazing.

3 Likes

I’m happy to play these games too, I just don’t think they should say “The Artful escape is xbox exclusive”, really that’s my only issue with this article.

1 Like

:eyes:

Dice Developer on Xbox Exclusives in 2021:

There are quite a few things that are not yet announced. Shushing face :shushing_face:

8 Likes

Regarding Gears, before Hivebusters, I wanted Gears 6 to be the end and just wrap it all up but after Hivebusters, I would like to see Microsoft expand The Coalition to two studios/teams. One team gives me Gears 6 in an 8-12 hour story campaign setup like Hivebusters as Gears simply should NOT be open world nor should it include stealth kills. That’s just stupid. They should evolve and improve the melee combat though and make some changes to the weapons like add new weapons. I’m still using the same gun in Hivebusters that I used in the original Gears.

Keep the story/characters from the current 4/5/6 trilogy and conclude Kait’s storyline while keeping the game as a linear action sequence cover based third person shooter and just evolve the smaller details like as said, melee combat, give me more and different weapons, let me toss a grenade without having to equip it, stuff like that.

Then the second team could create/develop a new IP. This way, both teams could alternate so instead of getting Gears every three years on average, it would be 6 years instead. This way, it will feel a little more fresh instead of it being - oh, Gears again.

In some ways, I don’t mind some developers staying the same. Like for example, I love Housemarque but have no interest in Returnal because it’s a rogue like game which I don’t like at all but yet, I loved their twin stick shooters. So now, I have no interest n what they’re doing while also losing what I loved and enjoyed from them. It’s basically a double negative.

So back to The Coalition, either two teams, one new IP/one Gears or just stay with Gears.

Why am I getting this feeling that we are going to be in for a surprise in 2021. With the games going to be announced and released.

2 Likes

Wasn’t Stalker 2 a 2021 game and exclusive (or some sort of) to Xbox as well? I didn’t see it in that list.

I feel like the IP needs a rest for a while. Its similar to HALO. Halo hasn’t been out for years and the anticipation and excitement is increasing and way more than what we had for Halo 5.

Sometimes TIME is the best healer. The problem is not the franchise itself, its only that we haven’t had anything substantial in between which creates more expectation and pressure for a game to perform in minds of gamers, also the same experience tend to get stale sooner than later.

Once we start getting lots of different experiences and franchises, many of these problems will be lessened to a great extent. Also will relieve the studio and allow them to not play safe and experiment outside their comfort zone.

I feel after Gears 6 they should try their hand on a totally new IP. Something other Third Person Action Game totally different, radical. Meanwhile they can work on smaller spin-offs within Gears Universe akin to Gears Tactics.

:grinning:

1 Like

I’m 100% all in for The Ascent, Crossfire X campaign and Halo Infinite.

1 Like

I agree for the most part. I do prefer The Coalition to stay with third person though as I don’t want every game being first person. Wouldn’t mind a third person Gears horror game like The Evil Within or a fast paced shooter like Returnal without any cover elements. Either way, after Gears 6, it should get a 6 year break. lol.

1 Like

The future of Gears has been discussed so many dang times on here I’m surprised no one ever bothered to make a separate thread for the topic, unless I missed it.

6 Likes

Yes it needs a bigger break, and now it would be possible due to the sheer amount of studios XBOX has, and it also helps decrease the pressure and expectation from studio and the IP.

There is one

3 Likes

Agreed. After all, you can’t miss something if it’s never gone for a long period of time.

Hell yeah I’m ready for a brand new halo experience again

5 Likes

@Sikamikanico @Shpeshal_Nick

Is this true?

Do you know some things?

1 Like

Happy 20th!

5 Likes

@Sikamikanico seems to know something. He said that Xbox fans and fans of REDACTED will be happy this year.

1 Like