Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

But how much can the Gears campaign evolve? Gameplay I believe cant change too much without people crying that its not Gears and artificially extending to 30 hours in a campaign I personally wouldn’t find ideal. Gears gameplay loop to me is good enough for the campaign length that it has always had personally.

For me Gears biggest selling point is it’s gameplay though. I do recognize that most of todays gaming audience couldn’t give a damn how well a game plays though and care more about “story” or whatever but frankly nothing else plays quite like Gears. Even though i am not as much a fan of it’s MP as i am of Halo’s ( i love Horde mode though) i thoroughly enjoy the campaigns because they are fun to play with cool set pieces. I also don’t think Gears needs to be “saved”. When people talk about how it’s no longer in the top played MP games these days or whatever , tend to forget that when it was one of the top dogs in the 360 era there wasn’t nearly as much competition as there is now in that space as there is now.

As far as singleplayer goes Hivebusters is pretty much the kind of thing i want from Gears. What i don’t want from a future Gears game is for them to essentially make a completely different game and slap the Gears name on it like they did GOW. ( sorry but i don’t like GOW 2018 at all. ) Just make it a spin off or completely new IP if they want to do that. As others have said, MS has plenty of studios that will put out plenty of games, so people who don’t like Gears can simply move onto something else.

I see no need to take a game that does it’s own thing strip it of it’s identity and make it like everything else so it can be “relevant” again.

2 Likes

Then the campaign and gameplay are not doing a good job at making Gears grow then.

That doesn’t bode well, if true.

Ok sure

Rockroll

7 Likes

i want need and crave more Gears :smiley:

3 Likes

I loled. Maybe Sea of Thieves is bigger who knows :slight_smile:

1 Like

Website: “A Way Out Director Criticizes Xbox Series X|S naming convention”

Me: Holy shit, did I fall back into 2020 like a few months before launch? Did we not just have two months of the console already being out?

2 Likes

Twitter got its ammo for the day

List is only of announced games, more are coming, but the year’s looking pretty good for a calm before the storm

9 Likes

I don’t get it. There are only 2 models and people keep on acting like this is some super confusing shit. There’s an X, which is more powerful, and an S, which is less powerful and cheaper. That’s all. The One X was already discontinued and the One S may be soon as well, this shouldn’t be a problem.

3 Likes

Are we really going back to that debat, two months after launch ?

1 Like

Halo is definitely the bigger hitter of the list, and by far what I’m most excited for. Exclusive or not, I’m also really hoping to play Starfield this year and hope we get more info on it once the deal closes.

1 Like

Not a bad list at all. The Ascent, CrossfireX, The Gunk, Halo: Infinite, Psychonauts 2, Tunic, 12 Minutes, and Way to the Woods are what I’m looking forward to the most.

3 Likes

A bit quiet in terms of big AAA games but I’m sure that will change sooner than later. Hopefully this is the year of Tunic

1 Like

This is a looooooong list

1 Like

Majority of these titles are just timed exclusive third party games. The Artful escape is isn’t even an xbox exclusive! its coming to Apple Arcade which includes Apple TV, iPad iPhone and mac!.

good list and so diverse, lots in GP too :slight_smile:

1 Like

If they are going to gamepass I believe most of them are mentioned.