Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

my guess is no for licensed games like this, will be multiplat, but GP day one is the big question???

2 Likes

Spiderman is exclusive though, so the same should be true here. Machine Games will be an Xbox first party studio after all.

4 Likes

A licensed game can be exclusive, Spider-man is a good example of that, and there were many in the Xbox OG generation. This gives me hope for a KOTOR 3 by Obsidian.

1 Like

Exactly. And now weā€™re never ever going to see Spidey on Xbox again. It honestly should be exclusive, otherwise we can see multiple licensed games in the future by Xbox studios still coming to PS. That just be weird if you ask me.

2 Likes

as i said my personal guess is its multiplat, i have no doubt it could be exclusive, i just donā€™t think it will be.

guess it depends on what Lucasfilms games has agreed too??

Why? That would be shit, since they keep Spiderman locked in to a single console. An Xbox exclusive game is on console, PC and streaming.

Game Pass shouldnā€™t even be a question, itā€™s a first party game.

I think there is a reason they didnā€™t announce platforms. I bet when the deal closes we get this same logo with a xbox exclusive after it and something that says see you at e3

7 Likes

That was my guess, as long as they donā€™t announce a platform, it can be exclusive.

100% they cant answer this right now. But will as soon as possible

as i said my personal guess is its multiplat, i have no doubt it could be exclusive, i just donā€™t think it will be.

guess it depends on what Lucasfilms games has agreed too?? every licensed game is a different beast so deals can be all over the place lets see what Lucasfilm games and Bethesda agreed too???

I guess we are going to see how serious they are on growing the ecosystem/gamespass. Unless it has a lot of legal stuff going on this or whether or not it happened before their deal, I dont see why this shouldnā€™t be exclusive/gamepass, specifically thinking on the benefits it would bring to the platform.

1 Like

They announced this on Philā€™s :philwins: birthday.

Coincidence?

3 Likes

I think its pretty clear that spiderman is only exclusive because sony has the spiderman movie rights to twist disneys arm with, I dont think its the same situation here, but who knows it might still be exclusive!

Of course, it all depends on what was agreed upon, Iā€™m just not ruling out the exclusivity just yet. For a Game Pass deal, Iā€™m 100% sure it is happening Day One.

Either way Microsoft gets the marketing agreement exclusive or notā€¦

So who should wear that hat for the E3 show?

Phil or Todd?

1 Like

MS might also have negotiated a timed exclusive, who knows !

1 Like

So sick of Indy gamesā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I think there wasnā€™t an Indy game sinceā€¦ 2003, but Iā€™m not sure.

Yep! Just like Starfield really. Platforms were never announced for it. Just that it was next gen. :slight_smile: