Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

yeah, so much depends on when this deal was penned and what was agreed, as if Lucasfilm games agreed to multiplat, then there is not much XGS can do legally.

Licensed games can be exclusive, but if Lucasfilm made this agreement way befire the acquisition, the contract probably says it had to be multiplatform. As opposed to Spider-Man, Disney knew that was exclusive befire they signed the papers. I think this all depends on when this deal was made. But weā€™ll see.

Iā€™m making an ā€œindie gameā€ pun, my friend.

Sorry, Iā€™m bad with jokes sometimes :grinning:

1 Like

And here I was going to try to be production today, now I have an entire day of

ā€œMaybe itā€™s exclusive, but itā€™ll be on GamePassā€ arguments.

Today is Philā€™s birthday and they announced thisā€¦

That CAN"T be coincidence right?

Years ago there was a third person action adventure of Indy on PC, maybe even the first Xbox as well. I loved that one! Had fun hand to hand combat too.

I mean if it isnā€™t exclusive itā€™s a waste of time. Xbox first party devs should not waste time with multiplats imho, itā€™s weird af.

8 Likes

I think it was indiana Jones and the Emperorā€™s Tomb. It was a great one.

1 Like

Unless the deal was made waaaaaay before Xbox and Bethesda agreed on their deal. In that case MachineGames was already put on that game and they werenā€™t a Xbox studio just yet. I guess that is a possibility. On the other hand, wasnā€™t Lucas games only created recently officially?

1 Like

I imagine Xbox will be doing anything they can to have this be an exclusive. Assuming itā€™s a 3rd person action-adventure game, it fills a gap in their lineup and it will get a lot of attention due to it being a licensed game based off a popular franchise. I think thereā€™s a good chance it might be exclusive. Anyway itā€™s probably quite far out.

Yeah I donā€™t know. One thing is for sure though, the Bethesda deal needs to close soon so we donā€™t have to speculate wether Xbox first party games is exclusive or not. That is just silly.

1 Like

In all cases, much like Outer World, it is almost guarenteed it is Day One in Game Pass, and thatā€™s already a huge plus.

3 Likes

Wait a minuteā€¦

OH MY GOD WEā€™RE GOING TO GET A LIMITED EDITION INDY SERIES X|S ARENā€™T WE.

OH MY GODā€¦

you do know this could be before the deal right, and could be a legal obligation.

1 Like

There are things like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 which are exclusive to Nintendo Switch, so its a doubt. strange thing is that they did not announce any platform, and only Xbox is talking about it, soā€¦ :kissing_heart:

humm :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

A legal obligation 3 to 5 years away?

At that rate just buy out the contractā€¦

1 Like

Sure, doesnā€™t mean I have to like it.

Again we dont know anything about this deal and when it was penned?, so lets see whats what, when the info starts coming out.

1 Like

No one is saying you have to like anything.