Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

That is just amazing ! I was surprised to see that you can completely disconnect your Series X for 24 hours, and then you can get to the dashboard immediately.

I’m not sure it is from a cold boot.

What conditions do you need for the cold boot ?

Look at the start up it is directly on the home screen. We don’t see the Xbox logo.

I’m not sure either, but technically speaking it’s somewhat a cold boot, because the device is disconnected from a power source.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I was a bit confused. There was Alanah who did a video where she was showing an Xbox Series X completely disconnected for 24 hours, and it booted up instantaneously. So I thought it was kind of a cold boot.

1 Like

It is why I said I’m not sure. Could be or not. I don’t know really. Anyway, it doesn’t matter in the end cause in fact it is so fast lol

2 Likes

Yes, it seems they save the state of the entire OS on the SSD/RAM/whatever, not only the game itself. Well, it’s Microsoft, they deal with operational systems, virtualization and all this stuff since, like, ever, so it makes sense they are able to do this now that the console has the specific hardware that makes it possible.

1 Like

Good for me :sunglasses: I looove first person. I like to be immersed in a game!

You’re not wrong about that. I really like both, and i love that BGS always kept the optional third person camera. It may have sucked in Oblivion, but was better in Skyrim and much better in Fallout 4. I actually used it quite a lot when i was roaming the wasteland. When something is first person only i feel that things like cool new outfits (not only for better stats)go to waste a bit.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

9 Likes

Personally I don’t care tbh wich view it is as long as it is good. I am not hard locked into it must be like this or like this. I always try to understand the devs logic and motivation behind their games

2 Likes

I’m gonna sound like f***ing Don Mattrick here but…what is the problem?

2 Likes

5 monday remaining. Do you think we’ll got an announcement tomorrow? Since it is monday lol

More like 4 Mondays remaining ^^

1 Like

This is not from Xbox Series X. That’s reshade mod for PC

2 Likes

Ah yes you’re right counted a monday twice :+1:

So what are the potential surprises to come? What can we suppose?

If there are big news I expect them to be closer to launch, to make the best impact possible and to celebrate launch. Until now, maybe other games being showcased, maybe AC and Watch Dogs for example.

Maybe something on monday 9th like they did with Bethesda 1 day before opening preorders to have a big boost

Oh… It seems like we got a little caught up. Thank you.

1 Like