Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

here we go… thoughts ?

Acquiring FromSoftware would be a hard and low blow to competitors… I think.

So in summary it might be a studio that generates more hype than bethesda.

Who would fall under that description?

1 Like

If they got from software that would be huge. I dought it will happen but I hope so. Absobo seems most likely

Asobo would already be absolutely great for me. They have so much potential.

1 Like

We have to remember that it is a rumor. I think FromSoftware is well placed. according to these rumors, it wont be a publisher, its just a Studio. theres Asobo Studio too. it will be a Studio very dear to the community apparently. I think we can discard CD Projekt Red and Sega, I would be between: FromSoftware, Asobo and Techland from Dying Light. we will see.

Techland.

F that, they snaggin’ up T2!!!

I think Techland has been acquired since a long while…

I’m trying to think of a studio that would get as much hype as all of Bethesda? I know that is always going to be personal preference. Gearbox maybe? Unless they are buying a studio from a publisher which would be very unlikely I think. I think Asobo is a great fit but not something that is going to get a ton of hype outside the Xbox community. Same for Blooper. From Software is not independent they are owned by another company.

1 Like

Ok but the pic I posted isn’t from that video (I know the one ya replied to was), according to the sourcing on twitter who posted it. That source shows basically an identical screen grab for XSX. They say this is XSX:

1 Like

Can’t wait to play Gears 5 again fully optimized for XSX. Please show the DLC! A big one please!

So I just had a thought, I don’t think this is what’s happening or even possible to happen. If I remember correctly, the last few years activision blizzard has not been overly happy with the performance of Blizzards output. What if Activision sold Blizzard to Microsoft? Like I said, don’t even think it’s possible but it was a dumb thought that popped into my head that I wanted to get out there.

I think there’s been some circular game of telephone where one site took the Xbox Era podcast out of context, it become a rumor that a bunch of podcast addressed and suddenly everyone is trying to figure out what the “best for last” is.

Microsoft is looking to acquire more. Nadella said as much. Some of the rumors though just don’t make sense.

6 Likes

Story DLC would be really nice.

4 Likes

Well, if you compare both shots from allegedly Series X and proven PC mod, then you will notice that not only reflections, but shadows look identical

Btw, Digital Foundry take on the quality of this

https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1317727357684404224

& this: Xbox Game Studios |OTXI| Grounded in Reality OT | Page 397 | ResetEra

1 Like

That would be awesome imo. Activision and Blizzard are like oil and water, and I think Blizzard could thrive (even more?) under this new Microsoft. Having said that, yeah that’s probably never happening. :smile:

Yeah, that’s the problem with Reddit. Anyone can come up with something. Personally I don’t think another studio acquisition will be announced anymore this year. Maybe if there’s an XO20 but otherwise…nah.

1 Like

That’s not true.

Look at the left part Way different

4 Likes

I get that the pc settings may represent a more realistic reflections and then it is more taxing and all. But, for my taste, the way it is presented on the suposedly SX screenshot, is significantly prettier. Some can argue is bit more unrelealistic, but the wow factor on ultra ssr, in this case, is considerably higher, even tho it is not the highest settings. It is just me tho.

1 Like