Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

https://twitter.com/Colteastwood/status/1332756435420246021?s=20 I think it will be good. :grinning:

Yes, Im talking about AMD. AMD RDNA 2, Xbox Series and RX6000 Series chips. DirectML is DLSS from MS basically.

That’s nuts! Hopefully devs start to utilize that option real soon, oh man.

1 Like

I think Tell Me Why season 2 is within the realm of possibility given the first season was about half the length of a Life is Strange one.

https://twitter.com/JJayB_6/status/1332757245734625280?s=19

https://twitter.com/Colteastwood/status/1332757542917771275?s=19

Interesting… :thinking:

2 Likes

I wonder if we’re going to see games using DirectML from third party titles next year and probably from the first party games hopefully right away?

Ideal would be if RDNA2 features start being used much sooner than we expect.

1 Like

You can say this about any genre. It’s still important for XGS to have as wide genre coverage as possible. Need to fill in the gaps with publishing deals and additional acquisitions. Platformers, JRPGs, “Sony games,” etc.

Yeaaah! It’s the ONLY way consoles shall see 60fps with raytracing at high resolutions.

Tbh even on pc, only until recently you could not do native 4k 60 with RT even on the highest end, that’s where DLSS had to be created, it goes hand in hand with RTX. Now a baseline RTX card like 2060 can run Death Stranding at 4k60 because of DLSS, a card barely meant for 1440p doing not just RT at 60 but also 4K. So I’d expect the console to bring similar results. But realistically, I think 1440p 60 with raytracing on Series X and ideally 108060 on Series S.

My only question is if the dev prioritises dynamic resolution, whether supersampling could work with that.

Microsoft is sometimes a very strange company. It abandons popular and beloved IPs and invests in others which wouldn’t be missed by many. Just let that IP die and move on.

When did they say this? You have a link?

:man_facepalming:

All right it was before the release… BUT, I doubt that Matt or any Xbox executive “praises” this game again these days.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s old and before it released. I’d love a new one myself, but I don’t think we can go by that old quote as proof that Xbox will back the franchise.

3 Likes

Did anyone actually believe that statement about Crackdown to anything but a throwaway PR line?

2 Likes

Yes, i have nothing against this specific game. But given the other IPs sleeping in the basement of the XGS, I don’t think it’s reasonable to bring CD4. it would be unproductive

Microsoft also said they wanted ReCore to become a mascot of Xbox

lol

4 Likes

I think that was a very troubled phase of XBOX, which will not be repeated. They are very, very, very well now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Actually I think re core has still the potential to be that.

5 Likes

ReCore 2 could be a great game but its character designs are not “mascot” tier

It’s no Mario, Astro Bot, Master Chief, etc. (Sony has picked up and dumped a ton of mascot characters over the years)

the robots had soooo much character I still think the art of this game was superb.

2 Likes

Imagine ReCore 2 that looks like the Unreal Engine 5 demo, it’s honestly close to the desert environments in that game and the main character looks a lot similar too.

2 Likes

Yeh I agree. Crackdown really does have some good potential, but it needs a total reboot. That IMO apart from the bugs and unfulfilled promises was the major problem with Crackdown 3. Crackdown 1 ushered in the open world genre.

Crackdown 3 just tried to emulate that with more bells and whistles and it felt so dated. A total reboot on a new engine, perhaps with a closer 3rd person camera (thinking like mass effect andromeda) and a bigger focus on story and skill based gameplay.

If they aren’t going to reboot it, let it die.

1 Like