Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

I dont think you need to be FromSoftware or be from Japan or be Japanese to create a Souls-Like. Jedi Fallen Order and others are there to prove it. Surely these smaller studios from Bethesda could create one. I find it more realistic and possible to happen :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So like i said true hack and slash and stealth games with Immersive Sim.

Gears is Action adventure game and with gears 5 the game leaned to cinematic(not full cinematic but it definitely influenced by it)

Hellblade is no different than Sony game.

Crackdown is dead.

1 Like

Well Star Wars Fallen Order is not entirely a souls like game. From has always been the best with it. Other games out of this genre are kinda have one or two problems with the responsiveness and structure of the gameplay.:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If inXile’s game is Souls-Like combat it will be an absolute nightmare for me. That kind of gameplay is near the bottom of the list of gameplay styles that I enjoy. I would be stunned if Brian Fargo’s dream game is a one that has that kind of combat.

7 Likes

i will add TPS horror games we have The Medium but that it, Resident evil went with FPS Camera.

And now MS own Tango with Shinji Mikami so invest in this studio

1 Like

Dude… are you sure? I found this game very souls-like. Of course has its peculiarities but it is. I think it is a “model” to be followed by Xbox, if want to create one.

1 Like

Soul-like and open world design pretty much take this gen games as hostages lol

literately most of the games have open world design and melee type of game have soul-like combat.

but i don’t think it soul-like combat but they will probably take lock on enemy feature but let’s wait and see

1 Like

The game sure has a lot from Uncharted with it setpieces and Tomb Raider like world also some metroidvania elements.

1 Like

Yeah. I understand you. I was referring more to combat. You mean the game as the whole. Yes you are right. It is still a beautiful game. :slightly_smiling_face:

Isn’t the combat what makes a game Soul-like? We don’t want a bunch of Dark Souls clones do we?

2 Likes

I think the combat can be a bit floaty and is not responsive enough at times.

But a great game indeed

I thought the rumor for Inxiles game was that it was a RPG set in a steampunk world, btw that giant face thing in space that was in the power your dreams trailer, image below, I am convinced is from their game.

Heres what I have heard about it

• Its set in Numenera, which is a science fantasy world that one of their other games, Torment: Tides of Numenera is set in
  • Speculating here but I think Torment: Tides of Numenera is getting the fallout 3 treatment, taking an isometric game and exploring the world in a 3d/bigger budget AAA way.
  • Is a science fantasy/steampunk setting
  • Has guns and melee weapons (from job listing), I’m expecting basic firearms, like blunderbusts and shotguns, basically the weapons types in sea of thieves lol.
  • They hired the lead combat designer for God of War, so satisfying melee combat will likely be a focus

4 Likes

Souls is not only the gameplay the world and structure has a important role as well. Souls without the world it would be a half sandwich

1 Like

MS now have Shinji Mikami work for them one of the best Japanese devs if people want TPS games different than Sony, this is team for the task.

Well well why should I trust you? Regardless this sounds epic.

1 Like

F this is tempting :sob::sob:

3 Likes

1 VS 100 :chief_think:

2 Likes

this is the new 1v100 ?

Inxile developp it ?

So they are working on the big RPG and this quiz game?