Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

I can agree that strict first person shooter with a narrative are less popular. but FPS are surly the most popular mp way to play

1 Like

Maybe this discussion is going too far? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Didn’t Ragnar say they already have a HB2 trailer ready to go? And that it got pulled from the showcase?

2 Likes

maybe. Overall I think xbox has no reason to do one specific genre because sony does it. Most importantly the game has to be good, good looking and pollished. End.

2 Likes

Nah FPS is easier than TPS to make. in tps you will need more animation work. i will say TPS more popular because people like to see their characters and generally offer better combat than FPS. also i think top down view offer more combat ideas

ask this thread when they play Forza how many of them play in hood View or FPS View and how many of them play in TPS View ?

1 Like

this is not about MS. and yeah i should stop HAHA :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes he said that. I would manage expectations for a gameplay footage from Hellblade 2. Im, or rather rooting for a “game in engine” Trailer for Hellblade 2 and also The Initiative.

I thought that was after the showcase

Who is this person?

1 Like

I dont know its origin, it came out of nowhere. He is an aspiring “Insider” or “leaker” of Xbox https://twitter.com/bindda

ahhh this guy… Im reaaaally not sure about him… lets wait for the rumor mil :wink: @Shpeshal_Nick

1 Like

Man…

9 Likes

Shadow did very good. Don’t know where that narrative came from.

1 Like

It did :o cuul :slight_smile:

It’s difficult to assess what’s considered a sales success for Tomb Raider ever since Square infamously communicated their disappointment in the reboot’s sales which managed 3.4M copies sold in its debut month. Comparatively, Rise only sold roughly 1M in about two months but was a timed Xbox exclusive. The legs of both games seemed good all things considered with the reboot at 11M sold and Rise at 7M as of 2017.

Shadow on the other hand took six months to sell 4M copies. I think it came to Game Pass within several months from its launch, though, which suggested that sales may have slowed after its initial release. Maybe it doesn’t even hit 4M without Game Pass giving it a boost. Who knows? It does feel like the franchise has stagnated.

I just think Square got wrong expectations for some games to be honest.

2 Likes

In fact Shadow of TB got off to a very bad start and only got better afterwards [Im talking about sales], But the IP was a success. Now, I feel good with Xbox programming. They’ve been betting on a very diverse selection, you do not see other First-party organizations betting on airplane simulators… Strategy games: AoE4 :heart:, Gears Tactics etc. And exotic things like Grounded. This is very good, but I think the Xbox lacks areas like an IP for action and adventure and a Souls-like in its programming. It would be a very positive contribution from Xbox in those areas. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

If the rumors about InXile’s game being sort of a souls like would be dope to see, they hired some great combat designers for their next games.

2 Likes

They dont lack any games, but unfortunately these games are in development:D

I’ll say the same thing I always say, I love MS’s commitment to genre diversity with high production values. There is nothing wrong with a Third Person cinematic adventure title, I think many of them are top notch, but Sony has perfected the formula. There is definite reason for MS to make contenders but they need to do things Sony’s games don’t, otherwise genre fans will naturally stick with Sony’s offerings.

I think MS’s offerings are great in this regard. Everwild looks nothing like what Sony is making, no game plays like Gears, Perfect Dark should be more of a Splinter Cell style spy game, Hellblade is a thoroughly unique and thought provoking title and Compulsion is supposedly working on a third person weird immersive sim. These are very well distinguished, and throw in RPGs which are themselves distinguished from all but HZD for Sony (and even Horizon is more RPG lite, still fantastic though) and they are in a strong position to provide experiences within the genre you can’t get elsewhere.

I enjoyed what I played of Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break but to an extent I felt they were trying to “answer” Sony instead of forge a fully distinguished identity. And again, none of this should be taken as a knock against Sony, they have done fantastic work in the genre and while there are definite similarities, Spidey does not play like GoW which does not play like Tsushima which does not play like Uncharted.

5 Likes