Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

Also it is extremly hard to predict what will work and what not. Nobody thought Grounded would be a hit or hence Sea of Thieves and yet here we are. Games are a art medium and so much broader than anything else.

Phil made this abondenly clear. Only passion will eventually lead to great things.

6 Likes

Yes and no. Recent examples Control, Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Did not well. Clearly the game is more important than the genre. Some games became a hit and some not.

2 Likes

Yeah with game pass we should get more genres, game like Tell Me Why. xbox never had these type of game and they have another one next year (As Dusk Fall). i’m personally didn’t play it and i’m not intersted but i heard it’s good from the people who love this genre.

from business standpoint the genres who will get AAA treatment are most popular ones and smaller ones will get AA treatment

3 Likes

i think control did good sales wise and i think their budget were small (big game for less budget)

Was really well done :slight_smile:

is 30 mil small?

$40M and this is nothing for most big Games

Again, action adventure games are very popular and very important to have, they can’t just leave an entire genre because some people in this forum don’t like them, business doesn’t work like that.

No of cause not but Compulsion, Ninja Theory and The Coalition are clearly making these games. We just haven’t seen them yet.

regadles RPG are very popular as well so are shooter. Should we critices Sony for not making any shooters now?

The focus is different. Xbox has a strong shooter and rpg side and Playstation a strong third person narrative side. Both seem to focus on big OW games.

If this is not good enough I dont know what to tell you.

Action in general is the most popular genre. i will say TPS camera is also more popular than FPS Camera.

Fable,Gears 6 and Hellblade 2 those games will fit the category.

Fable will be Fable :smiley:

Fake account :wink:

yeah with humor i know this but it will offer story it’s role playing game after all.

Uhh really this is hard to determend either Warzone and Fortnite are popular. Call of Duty in generall is extremly popular.

sooo a rpg? Action/Adventure is a waaay to broad genre. It littarly contains any third person game.

1 Like

i’m FPS and Arena Guy but who is more popular right now ? Fortinte which TPS Game lol

I dont have the numbers but Battle Royal is the most popular genre right now. Nothing to do with tps or fps. I mean Warzone is easliy up there. Also tell me which arena tps is popular if there is any outside of gears.

We had less shooter this gen in general., yeah. But the genre is still among the most popular around us. and there are way to many sup genre.

action/adventure is not a genre. Breath of the Wild is one but Fallen Order as well how can we compare these games. one is open world the other is more a metroidvania style game mixed with dark souls fighting.

Sekiro is one, how does this compera to ghost of thushima?

You konw what I think? Sony games dont sell soo good because they have a certain genre or camera perspective. They sell because they are pollished , graphical showcases, has (mostly) well told storys and a easy and visual gameplay.

If xbox shows these qualitys with thier fps games or rpg s nobody will give a dam about the camera perspective.

Ohh Cyberpunk is firstperson lets bet how this will turn out :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah of course the game to needs be good and polished. all i’m saying TPS is more popular and that it.

as for CP2077 There are people upset the game don’t offer TPS Mode :joy: :joy:

Now that I think of this was probably more directed to @Marduk and yet I dont think it even possible to say which is more popular. More third-person games are made, thats true. But why is the question. Maybe its easier idk Im not a developer :smiley: