Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

I will say this: both systems have issues out of the gate. Guess which one they comment on. IGN is getting ridiculous between this, twisting Phil’s words on Bethesda, clickbait and intentionally stirring console wars with shit like that GIF where the Tsushima dude with the PlayStation on his back slaughters a horde of Xbox. It’s a damn shame, because Dorbush and McAffrey are both quite good and have reasonable praise and critique of their given sides.

Also, they botched the title and people think they are talking about sales. No shit PS5 sold more, they made more. They’ve been making them for months. MS waited on RDNA 2 knowing it meant a performance hit in the first year and less systems.

2 Likes

I think it has to do with the makeup of their staff as well. I’m in marketing and Gen Z and from my recollection, Millenial’s “nostalgic brand” is PlayStation, ours is Xbox. It is funny as I was one of 3 people in my school who was the PlayStation kid. Everyone had a Wii, and everyone else had a 360. It’s not hard to see why the 360 was more appealing out of the gate, given its low price and the network effect. PS3 made up lost ground as they slashed the price as one of the greatest selling points was the Blu-Ray player (which is why my Dad got one for me).

Funnily enough, years later when I finally got an Xbox of my own, it was the Media capabilities, 4K Blu Ray player, Atmos support, backwards compatibility and of course Game Pass that made me “switch” sides (I mostly stuck with Nintendo last gen but I was sick of the Switch Tax. I wish they released more games my speed like in 2017 or the 3DS days. I have a Wii U and I don’t want to drop upwards of $80 CAD for the privilege of playing the same fucking games.). So MS was partially on the money about media mattering, especially with dumb or limited smart TVs. But their approach was TV and Sports over the best place to watch Netflix and Blu Rays which… well we all know the memes.

1 Like

MS not acquiring people can fly, if they are getting any polish studios still, I doubt it is cdpr, bloober or techland, might be some other team, but at this point if MS really wants a studio in poland I wouldnt put it past them to just build one there from the ground up, or they give up on the idea altogether, looking like they are not acquiring anyone there (unless it is the farm 51, but I still doubt it).

2 Likes

What I really want again is a game full of setpieces and action. Outside of Call of Duty nothing is really going for this anymore. The last good one I can think of was Titanfall 2.

Uncharted 2 and 3 used to be like that sadly with part 4 they made it sooo much slower.

I hope the Initiative makes short episodic games with a lot action.

Going for different settings each time like a collection of short storys :slight_smile:

If you have any games that fit this criteria enlighten me :smiley:

Crossfire from Remedy might be what you’re looking for if its trailer is anything to go by.

1 Like

I have this on my watch. But I wonder if there is any older game I haven’t tried yet.

This release seemingly fell through the cracks. Started Dishonored 1. Fantastic first person combat. I’m almost guaranteed the bad ending (which I rarely go for) because it’s too damn fun.

4 Likes

Random question but has MS come out and said there won’t be an Xbox E3 presser next year? I really hope E3 comes back. Even if they have like 25% crowd only or something like that, I’d be ok with no crowd really I just like the big stage stuff.

1 Like

They said no in person events until July. Nothing about no digital E3.

1 Like

Come on rare stop teasing! Make a Banjo game already. I’d even settle for an all stars kind of game, with modern remakes of all three of the old games. :slight_smile:

The Game Awards huh Ninja Theory? wait you there :grin:

7 Likes

Sony’s template is what is getting boring, stale and predictable not action/adventure games in general, that’s why I don’t want to see MS copy their successful, critic-darling but at the same time shallow and focus-tested to death recipe. To bring some recent games into the discussion I loved Darksiders 3/Genesis and Fallen Order while I don’t give a fuck about Sony’s “action/adventures” except God of War and The Last Guardian so yeah you can still like the genre without liking Sony’s games. Action/adventure is such a broad term with so many sub-genres and variations in art-styles, themes, level design, combat style and storytelling that bringing Sony’s latest games as the ultimate example is doing a disservice to the genre.

When I think of great action/adventure titles games like the Core’s Tomb Raider, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime, Ninja Gaiden Black (which has much stronger adventure elements when compared to the pure action of NGII), God of War 2, Darksiders and Okami are coming to mind not freakin’ Tsushima, The Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn. If MS brings games to the SX like the former I couldn’t be happier.

@DeoGame

Happy to thet you enjoy the 1st game! all 3 Dishonored games are excellent. Wait till you play Dishonored 2 which has some of the best level design in gaming ever. Also check out Prey (if you haven’t already) which is also a god-tier game.

5 Likes

Please :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

2 Likes

Stop teasin’ me! It is not funny :cry:.

There is a lot more to it then that,and that’s just market research alone. On top of that you have managers that just go:“that sells well,people like that, do that! What do you mean Tetris can’t be a first person shooter! I know some of these words! I am very intelligent and get paid more than you! So do as I say!”.

1 Like

I also hope that this account manifests itself on December 10th :grinning:

https://twitter.com/TheInitiative?s=08 :eyes:

2 Likes

A actual gameplay scene from Hellblade 2 would be great. A first true look at what this system can do. Because it’s only been cross gen games so far. This would be so nice.

9 Likes

Glad this is not the case with Xbox anymore :slight_smile: Old Xbox would’ve never greenlight something like Everwild.

1 Like

Its also way too early to wish people a wonderful Christmas, so it has to be something!

1 Like

3rd person action adventure games are very popular, they have to make them.

3 Likes