Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

lol what happened to let the dev make what they want. the thing you say about Sony Action/Adevnture genre can be said for MS how many RPGs are coming from MS ?

Fable

Avowed

TOW 2

STARFIELD

TES VI

So same genre but different coat right ?

get a grip people if you don’t like what you get then vote with your wallet

3 Likes

…what?

5 Likes

I’d like to have some 3rd person action adventure games from Microsoft. If some of you don’t like that genre, you could easily skip it, but let us get what we want. If Sony makes it, so what?

1 Like

I’ve just bought the new Echo Dot since it’s been discounted for Black Friday. Does anyone in here have it and use it with the Xbox? How seamlesly are the voice comands?

That’s three studios. One of which makes a game in an entirely different genre. Throw in InXile and you have four RPG teams—of 23 total internal development houses. So no, your comparison isn’t really applicable. Telling people to “get a grip” when we’re just having a casual conversation is a bit much as well. Maybe get the stick out of your ass? Developers can make what games they choose, but maybe it’s up to the publishers to acquire studios that make different kinds of games. Just a thought. :grin:

8 Likes

Hopes Jez / Brad dig into this …

4 Likes

Lol oh boy here we go

2 Likes

It’s not about the amount of many studios lol it’s about disliking a genre just because Sony does it or saying hey i want to MS to be different than Nintendo or Sony that not how business work . i don’t care what type of game MS will make. and no shit publishers have a matter what to say and what go through or not…lol if studios wanted to make board video game then that is fine there is crowd for this type of genre… it’s simple if i like it then i will buy it.

I guess it’s just that it’s high time action adventure as a genre is separated from this characteristic over the shoulder walk and talk look at the grass game with long ass cinematics every two minutes. Sekiro is an action adventure, yet it had absolutely none of that above blockbuster bs and is still phenomenal. Same with Zelda BOTW, although it has lite rpg elements I would consider it as an action adventure.

So if we wanted more third person action adventures, it’s not necessary that they be structured and directed in the same way these Sony first party games are, doesn’t mean story shouldn’t be important or that cinematics and high fidelity aren’t important, but there’s a vast spectrum of expression outside the typical blockbuster format even within the same genre. But there’s no problem in wanting similar experiences, so that’s where I expect studios like Ninja Theory and Compulsion to bring in these AAA third person blockbuster audiences.

1 Like

this is a fine trolling from greenberg lmao

IGN…ORANTS

FUD spreading in 3,2,1…

3 Likes

Hell of a title lmao. Fuck IGN.

5 Likes

Oh fuck off ign

5 Likes

Publishers and studios are free to make what they want just like people are free to pay what they want. if studios created a game with a genre you wanted more of it than support it that how will publishers know what their fans like, in the end this is Business.

Thank goodness for the block button. :partying_face:

7 Likes

What is even more bad in this tweet is how they turned the sentence making MS looking like a bunch of clueless clowns.

It is strictly misleading on purpose. Cause it implies that ps5 is more powerful due to secret sauce yada yada and MS is impressed and didn’t know how they did it and they are trying to find the reason. “Trying to figure out.”

Like no matter what MS did, PS5 will always be superior. That is the narrative they are trying to build right now on the net. Smh.

They already said why the games had issues due to dev kits etc and everyone know why but hey thanks IGN for fueling fire of fanboys.

I don’t call them IGNORANTS for nothing…

6 Likes

PS5 MORE POWERFUL THAN THE SERIES!?

XBOX ONLY WINS OUT…ON PAPER!!

MICROSOFT LEFT SCRAMBLING!

5 Likes

And when Xbox starts performing as well as in should there will be no articles asking why the ps5 is not performing as well as it did in the beginning of this gen, Sony trying to figure out why.

Majority of the gaming media is biased, it’s because PS is more popular and nostalgia plays a big role too, it’ll will only stop when Xbox is superior in every way, we might get close this gen but I wouldn’t bet on it.

They’ll always find a way to spin narratives when it comes to Xbox.

1 Like

I agree with this. When you look at the vast majority of Microsoft’s studios, they will end up being RPG’s of some sort or first person shooters of some sort. I don’t mind that but at the same time, I would like a few excellent third person story driven action adventure games which I don’t think is asking too much.

Really hoping that The Initiative’s Perfect Dark game is just that. It’s like, just give me one here and there and I will be a happy camper.

1 Like