Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

If it’s 100 people it’s still a tiny sample size. So sick of the constant need for comparisons from people who then say they hate console warriors.

12 Likes

Which also makes a point that whoever games on Xbox is not as much of an extremist. You are more likely to see someone who mainly games on an Xbox praise games like God of War than someone who mainly games on a PlayStation praise games like Gears.

And to be fair, that’s statistically natural since there are more people who game on PlayStation.

XboxEra is a place for everyone, but for obvious reasons is the home for many Xbox gamers; and yet we’ve seen lots of PlayStation exclusives being nominated for game of the generation in the site’s poll.

2 Likes

I agree too. You know how it is… It will happen even if it is unnecessary. It is really tiring at times.

2 Likes

Target is selling gamepass 3 month subs for 19.99$ online. I bought 6 for 120$. If you turn off auto renewal on ur gamepass sub before entering each code Xbox will allow you to get 1 extra month when you redeem each code. This worked for me on the first three codes. Microsoft stopped offering the extra month when putting in the 4th code.

I am now subbed through January 2023.

GameStop is offering it in Person. But only 1 code per person. Bestbuy is offering it for 22$

1 Like

I also dont think that Jez’s comment is anything from “Console wars” is his opinion. Of course there is a concern that, in my view, does not make sense. but the programming is going to be compared, there is no escaping that and its unfavorable for the Xbox, For the right reasons. But it is what it is.

1 Like

I like Jez, and he is right. However, he has said this loads of times now, and him keep saying it is not going to change the reality.

We all know the story about funding being cut and investment didn’t increase until 2018 etc. The games will come, some have been announced and many more will be announced in the coming years, but games take time to make. Microsoft cannot just click their fingers and will into existence a quality game. I am sure they would love to but it doesn’t work like that.

10 Likes

Exactly next year possibly in the same time of year we could get halo infinite forza horizon 5 and starfield thats one hell of a holiday lineup for 2021 if all 3 aren’t out by then

1 Like

What’s the point of beating a dead horse already? We wanted more games well Xbox went ahead and bought like 15 studios. Sadly, a lot of these studios had already prior commitments and therefore couldn’t have games in the release window. If Xbox forces studios to put out games in launch window and you will find people complaining about all the problems that come with rushed games.

In the end Xbox’s generation really starts when there are enough Xboxes for everyone to buy and they’ll be hoping that coincides with Halo Infinite. All we have to now is just wait a little, I know fans are sick of hearing this, but now it really isn’t that far. Halo onwards we might actually get a AAA game every quarter.

4 Likes

Exactly look at all have been announced already plus rumored there’s a lot to look forward to

1 Like

Yakuza is the best launch game on any next gen console right now. But all this will not matter anyway when Cyberpunk launches in 2 weeks. Then all these Launch Games will be forgotten :grimacing:

4 Likes

Best year of Xbox First-Party Studios ever ? Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Starfield, Dusk Falls… this is crazy if it happens. :sweat_smile:

Just a reminder of some of the announced games that are coming exclusively to Xbox. Yeah, the launch line-up wasn’t great, but the future is very promising!

And the list does not include yet Bethesda and unnanounced games.

The Medium ($49.99)
Developer: Bloober Team
Publisher: Bloober Team
Genre: Action & adventure
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR, Ray Tracing, Console Exclusive
Release date: January 28, 2021
Inclusion date: January 28, 2021

As Dusk Falls ($ TBA)
Developer: Interior/Night
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
Genre: Drama
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Console Exclusive
Release date: TBA
Inclusion date: TBA

The Ascent ($ TBA)
Developer: Neon Giant
Publisher: Curve Digital
Genre: Drama
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive
Release date: 2021
Inclusion date: 2021

Avowed ($59.99)
Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
Genre: Role-playing
Tags: Console Exclusive

Everwild ($59.99)
Developer: Rare
Genre: Adventure

Fable ($59.99)
Developer: Playground Games
Genre: Role-playing

Forza Motorsport ($59.99)
Developer: Turn 10 Studios
Genre: Racing
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Console Exclusive

The Gunk ($ 39.99)
Developer: Image & Form
Publisher: Thunderful Publishing
Genre: Action-adventure
Tags: Console Exclusive, ID@Xbox

Halo Infinite ($59.99)
Developer: 343 Industries
Genre: First-person Shooter
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive

Scorn ($ TBA)
Developer: Ebb Software
Publisher: Ebb Software
Genre: Horror
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Console Exclusive

Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II ($59.99)
Developer: Ninja Theory
Genre: Action-adventure

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 ($ TBA)
Developer: GSC Game World
Publisher: GSC Game World
Genre: Horror
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, Ray Tracing, Console Exclusive

State of Decay 3 ($59.99)
Developer: Undead Labs
Genre: Survival

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide ($ TBA)
Developer: Fatshark
Publisher: Fatshark
Genre: First-person Shooter
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, ID@Xbox, Console Exclusive
8 Likes

I’ve always made the argument that horizon 5 would be a 2021 title. I always thought it was nuts that people expected them to take 4 years all of a sudden. They have always made their games in 2 years with a bunch dlc between games. 3 years seams like plenty of time especially considering that their games have only gotten better and better on a 2 year cycle.

Just think if halo, Starfield and horizon 5 hit next year. Not to mention the possibility of everwild, Hellblade 2, Wolfenstein 3, and Arkane Austin(prey team) getting their games out in next year.

Infinite would be their biggest release since at least halo 3. Maybe bigger since it’s coming to pc and mp is free at launch. Starfield would be their biggest single player game ever Launched, and would likely stay that way till the next elder scrolls launches. Horizon 5 will certainly be their biggest racing launch of all time as well.

4 Likes

Man, I want PSO2: New Genesis right fucking now. Ok, that’s all for now.

3 Likes

Same here. Game looks really pretty, it’s going to be amazing on Xbox Series X. I’ve already put in 100+ hours in PSO2, probably going to put even more in New Genesis. Too bad my potato PC won’t be able to handle it anymore.

2 Likes

I have no really touched PSO 2 much. I tried the beta and got overwhelmed by all the menus (which is why I’m excited about the fresh start). But I think tonight after work I’m gonna try again.

4 Likes

Which is amusing because only Halo was at the July showcase, which goes to show you how many games are under active development at Xbox and soon to be Bethesda.

I can understand that, I got used to it after a bit. Hopefully, they simplify it somewhat in New Genesis, though they haven’t shown what any of the menus look like yet. I know there’s going to be a stream with more information on the game on December 19, maybe we’ll see there.

1 Like

I think part of it is that we weren’t weaned into it in the West, we were thrown off the cliff into Year 7. I’m sure in Year 1, it wasn’t so bad. This time (New Genesis), we’ll be in from the beginning. Someday that game will get bloated too, but it’ll take awhile :joy:

1 Like

I think this Jez’s comment is symptomatic of an impatience with the Xbox. People dont want to wait any longer, they are thirsty for news. Thats why today we had this, meaningless “concern”, not only of him, in general of some people. So much good and great stuff coming… :slightly_smiling_face: https://twitter.com/bindda/status/1331147407988559873?s=20 maybe here we have something :eyes: