Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

So is Mechwarrior 5 a Xbox exclusive next year? I only saw Xbox mentioned.

2 Likes

It wont matter until next year. Consoles are sold out. Let’s see what the TGA will bring if Hellblade 2 was possible last year they surely want to impress this time again.

I bet there will be something to talk about.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, the performance of XSX really is below expectations, this has already been explained and discussed here. Maybe you are giving too much importance to a small thing. They will be fine, everything will be fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think I’m not making myself clear. I’m one of the biggest defenders of the Series X in here. Two things are clear: 1. The performance is pretty much the same across consoles; and 2. The performance will get much better when the developers get used to the new dev tools.

What I meant is that even though the Series X is a great console, major outlets are reporting that the PS5 is better to gain clicks. I’m bashing on those outlets, not saying that I agree with them and that I’m worried about the Xbox performance.

My only worry is about the damage that those articles do to the Xbox brand. My brother read the article. He knows nothing about videogames. He then decides to buy my nephew a new videogame. He will choose the PS5 because he read somewhere that it outperforms the Series X.

3 Likes

Unfortunately at this point the surprise is when something like that doesn’t happen.

We had the entire press telling us that resolution and power didn’t matter, until a few games showed advantage on ps5. Then the selective reporting made it clear it matters still and the same time ignoring the games that did have an advantage on SX.

And it was just like that with cross generation games, and countless other things.

2 Likes

I know that Microsoft has published a Mechwarrior game in the past, but now whose is this IP? is it from XGS yet?

Theoretically this IP is still from MS. I believe it is a temporary exclusive.

I’ve only played Legion. It’s up to you. Game looks good but not as great as I thought it would. Ultimately, AC has more flexibility in options but no raytracing.

It all depends what you want though. Legion is definitely a Ubisoft game and I expect the same of AC, so if you like that style, by all means.

1 Like

Why would it be timed exclusive if it’s a Xbox IP?

MS own the IP but i believe they licensed it to the current dev for this game just like Shadowrun IP.

1 Like

The IP is from Ms and when they licensed it to Piranha Bytes the deal explicitly said they wouldn’t be allowed to bring to any console.

A lot changed on Ms since then so I dunno. Could go either way since the game isn’t developed by them. But I imagine it’s at least timed.

Either way, they should reach the guys that made shadow run returns about bringing it to console too. And on gamepass PC

3 Likes

My understanding is they license the IP but hold console exclusivity like with Shadowrun which is tough because MS wants games on both. Glad they worked something out. I hope they can renegotiate Shadowrun so they can make games in house for PC too (which alligns with their vision) and allows the current devs using the license to bring their games to Xbox.

1 Like

or they can buy it back

1 Like

(Not you, the tweet.).

2 Likes

The license is theirs, they just allowed other devs to use it (back then only on non consoles platforms) because they didn’t have any use for them.

I imagine now the situation is throughly different though so let’s see how Ms handles it

1 Like

This might be a dumb question but does mechwarrior 5 have a single player campaign never played a mechwarrior before and hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving

Because it is a licensed IP for a company outside of Xbox Game Studios or MS. And with no publishing relationship or support from Microsoft, it was only licensed. Who asked for the IP was the studio responsible [Piranha Games], as far as I know. I may be wrong.

Yes, It is a Microsoft IP.

I dont know, for me its 50/50. If it stays only on Xbox it will make sense. If he goes out to other platforms it will also make sense. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sorry he comes as an arrogant jackass with comments like that

I guess people just like drama. This thread would totally be okay without ever having any posts concerning any person, publication, or website with a clear anti Xbox bias. Let the doom posting thread be about all that nonsense.

1 Like

He’s also like many of them celebrating a bit prematurely. What with games getting patched and such. But yeah the fact that Schrier is what’s considered a "respectable journalist " says a lot about this industry tbh.

11 Likes

A Plague Tale and Flight Simulator apparently share the same engine LOL!

1 Like