Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

Well, those two parts in the article tell all we need to know.

So here’s once more to a great 2021. Sounds to me it will be just fine. Just needs time.

And around the time that devs start making use of RDNA2, we’ll look back at this and say “I’m glad they did this.” bet on it.

RDNA 2 is brand new, right? Not even in PC gaming yet?

1 Like

Platform?

Also, playable doesn’t mean presentable. Halo Infinite was a polished vertical slice and still looked rough around the edges. Raw gameplay doesn’t look the best.

Yea the demo wasn’t ready for prime time wouldn’t surprise me if 343i was pressured to show what they had

The internet tends not to understand that all games in development look rough even a year ahead of release. Don’t show gameplay until it is ready for prime time. Otherwise, you are opening yourself up to people ripping your game apart when it is actually progressing well. Ideally, don’t announce the game until then, either, but sometimes you have to move the timetable forward for strategic reasons. For example, Microsoft needed CGI announcement trailers in July to showcase the wide variety of first-party exclusives coming to Xbox.

2 Likes

This is the future. Really impressive. In Brazil :heart_eyes:

the video is in portuguese, no english subtitles.

Highlights: There is a small latency, artifacts appear on 2.4G Wifi connection, working frighteningly well.

Tested on Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, internet: Wifi 5.0 and 4G mobile

2 Likes

switching between mcc and Fallen Order is amazing If it works quick resume is fantastic!

3 Likes

I think you need to separate places like Era from the reality of most gamers. They’re fine.

2 Likes

hmmm Era ? no thanks, and no i don’t think so a lot people complained about too much cgi at july and not just era a lot of other forums and social media. if MS made another 1-2 minutes CGI trailer then it’s waste of money. instead use it for marketing the game or game pass like tv spot ad.

i mean will you rather have gameplay trailer or just cgi trailer tells a littlie about the world or story ?

1 Like

again either cgi or nothing? what is better?

1 Like

for me nothing.

if you guys like 2 minutes cgi trailer then that is fine and i probably wasting my time if i continue discussion this topic

I like cgi more than nothing :smile: Imagine we havent got conformation on Fable yet …

2 Likes

Is that why the Wii was such a success? Because all the fat neckbeards suddenly wanted to work out with Wii Sports? :wink: (It’s a joke calm down… your crusade is just a bit tiresome ;). ).

Seriously the only comparison I"m interested in is Series S vs Series X/PS5. But I’m not as hardcore as you :). Plebeians like me just code for a living ;).

2 Likes

Usually I would agree with you, but with The Initiative I wouldn’t mind, because I am interested to finally get official confirmation of what exactly they are working on.

RDNA2 has just been released. Time is literally going to tell all, but I am erring on the side that the situation the Series X finds itself in is a combination of software, development priorities and Covid. It is also important, as you say, we haven’t seen a game yet that takes advantage of all the RDNA2 based features.

4 Likes

it’s in PD universe so it’s SIFI Futuristic game, it could be RPG, Action adventure or action open world game

Current plans is to finish Fallen Order and after finally give Yakuza a shot :o Gamepass is amazing ngl.

It really is kinda strange to not have gamepass on xbox lol

4 Likes

Yes Yes Yes I agree. Certainly the most anticipated studio, which draws more attention on Xbox. What they show, it will certainly make a lot of noise :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s all rumours atm though. Everything points to that, but we are also hearing that it is not what we think. A trailer, even if it is a CGI one, would start to clarify things, especially if it is accompanied by a press release from The Initiative.

1 Like

Jesus christ, I waited so long for Yakuza games to come to Xbox and I have yet to start with the first one. Here I am deep into AC Valhalla. I definitely should get on with it before it leaves GP. Should be a while until that happens, but still.

I think halo infinite in July did it best with the become trailer led immediately into gameplay showcase that definitely started the show on a positive note in my book

2 Likes

I can’t understand a lot of what that says, but while of course everyone would prefer gameplay, there just isn’t this huge backlash against CG trailers with the majority of gamers. That’s just a hardcore gamer bubble. Most of your people out there don’t care, as long as they are not bored. ESPECIALLY at the Game Awards, which is a show of sizzle, not steak.

6 Likes