Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

Less we forget, but you know the internet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If thats the case then the hard-core will tell the casuals of Sony’s bugs, overheating, loud fan, coil whining sound, and PS5’s being bricked.

4 Likes

They won’t because it does not fit their narrative

4 Likes

Yeah that’s the main problem I have with these comparisons. John also has a hard time to cope with also the fanboy bs but his work is one of the main contributions to arguments online. There is definitely interesting stuff DF shows through there analysis but these comparisons are a major problem for the discourse online.

I want to give a good example for this. When Breath of the wild released I played it on a wii u. The game ran with 20-30fps. Not very good but honestly I had a really really great time with the game and only became aware of the technical problems after seeing the DF video.

DF makes us more sensitive for these technical things, which is good and bad at the same time. On the one hand it’s good to know if you have a problems with a game and don’t know why or if a game is downright broken (then it’s good to know beforehand) on the other hand some things like small framedrops have never bothered me before. Hell I played Perfect Dark 4-player split screen on a N64 and that was just insanely fun!!!

On another note, I played through Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Campaign last week and had a great time. If you would ask me about how performance and image quality was I could only say it was a great experience. I haven’t noticed any distracting stutters and Image Quality looked always superb but I bet the upcoming DF analysis will show that the game does not run flawless and is probably not native 4k.

So yeah I am interested to know how it runs on a technical level, but I already had a really really good time with it and the results can’t take from my enjoyment of the game. But of course the arguments in console wars will sound like the Xbox Version is a total disaster (:joy:) when it performs not as good as the ps5 version.

I hope I could make my argument clear, that DF analysis are nice to have but ultimately irrelevant since most people probably will only have 1 next gen console and will never see the other version anyway.

1 Like

depends how many of the hardcore not a being fanboy. btw you will find this in phones community, Pc Components…etc not just related to console

The Era DF thread already has almost more posts in less than half a day than the OT had in over two weeks

1 Like

So I’ve just booted up Gears 5 for the first time since completing the campaign at launch and am looking to play PvE with my buddies. All these changes look amazing! So many classes to play with different abilities and things to level up. Very cool.

BUT I had a screen which mentioned me completing the Hivebusters DLC and receiving ‘X’ rewards for Escape.

???

1 Like

yeah, i mean game software bug vs hardware bugs, think ill take software.

5 Likes

I got my new headphones/set today. The turtle beach Stealth 700 gen 2. Playing AC Valhalla now and yes, it’s a keeper. Lovely sound!

It connects wirelessly to the XSX too like the controller, too fucking good. No dongles, so USB ports are all free.

1 Like

BlockquoteThe takeaway here is that Microsoft’s Game Core is moving full-steam ahead and will be ready for launch later this year. But it’s not complete and there are quite a few bugs/optimization that need to be worked out before all the functionality meets the targeted spec sheet when the project was first started.

In other words, people need to chill out.

2 Likes

That’s not even the biggest takeaway.

“While developers can now use the June 2020 release for games that will head to retail, features like “Multi-process games in Game Core” will not arrive until after launch. There is a work-around for this in the current release, so fret not that this means games can’t be multi-threaded.”

Like, what the hell lol. The tools must be really immature if developers have to use workarounds for something as standard as multithreading.

1 Like

indeed

Everyone is getting that screen, don’t worry about it.

Man i hope we won’t get another cgi trailer at TGA

You’ll get the Perfect Dark CGI announcement trailer followed by a dismissive remark from Geoff and you’ll like it bub.

4 Likes

for real though MS is just wasting money on them. they don’t have the same effect as before.

Well the weird thing IS… We know that Perfect Dark has at least an hour of playablility, so they could show off gameplay… But it doesn’t do anyone good if it’s still in a super early looking state.

So CGI I guess.

Perfect Dark trailer ends. Geoff: Deadpan Wow looks great. Anyways, let’s go back to talk about TLOU II.

I love Geoff, but I think platform matters at this point.

4 Likes

This makes it sound like Hivebusters is right around the corner.

1 Like

Probably before XMAS at the latest, probably Friday after TGA with reveal at TGA.

i mean 8 days left to Dec lol, it will probably get trailer at TGA