Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

LMAO

2 Likes

Was it ever said that The Initiative’s game is a RPG? Skullzi says so in a new video, but it’s the first time I am hearing that. He says cinematic third person RPG, nah.

LOL. When a youtuber with 90K subscribers does a better job than a media house with 14.2mil subscribers.

3 Likes

Great new OT intro, all those game studios :open_mouth: (not a fan of the thread title though)

2 Likes

Yeah, 120 seems reasonable.

I don’t think it’ll be an RPG. Looking at the people they’ve hired I’m leaning towards an action game. Could be stealth, could be third person, could be a shooter. But I don’t expect deep RPG mechanics.

2 Likes

So far I dont understand this greed of Xbox fans asking Microsoft to acquire more Studios… Guys! Microsoft just bought the ZeniMax Media/Bethesda Softworks for 7.5B… that is just one of the most expensive deals in the entertainment industry… its good. we don’t need any more. what we need is games, show gameplays at Series X|S. thats what we have to ask for. I guess.

7 Likes

That first party studio lineup!

2 Likes

Zenimax is insane, it truly is. But on the previous thread at the end there was a tweet that MS soon will announce a new studio? But that source…credible at all? If MS wants even more studios, who am i to say nah? :wink:

2 Likes

Okay, so imo Xbox has the best racing games, best FPS games(shame about CoD marketing though), and best RPGS.

The only studio acquisition I would care about is something Japanese, or something Family/Child friendly, like a new Mascot or two would be amazing!

2 Likes

All thats left is to acquire Valve and Asobo.

Yeah, exactly, like xbox is a football or basketball team so getting a new player improves them immediately. We need games, games, games, this obsession with studios should stop.

1 Like

The Xbox already has its mascot, and it is called Master Chief :sweat_smile:. I know what you mean. Xbox has dormant IPs like Blinx, Banjo Kazooie, Viva Piñata and Battletoads. this last one had a “Reboot” this year… one of the most disappointing things that MS recently launched. battletoads deserved more.

Yeah, Microsoft now needs to work on their content pipeline. They have the staff, the talent and the resources to make great games. No excuses anymore.

They could always pick up more teams on the way when Game Pass keeps growing. Netflix has ramped up their content production too over the years.

1 Like

I get it because in order for gamepass model to make waves they need to have at least a AAA game every quarter surrounded with AA/Indies every month. Having constant releases to look forward to is why people sub to services such as HBO and Netflix. Me personally think they almost have enough to churn those results, but like @Klobrille said in last thread MS needs a studio to churn out family friendly games.

1 Like

3D environment artist on Kena join Rare

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kemyaralioglu/

7 Likes

This thread runnin’!

2 Likes

So… Games, Games, Games… I think thats not what we “want”, Game Pass is already over 200 Games, I think the Xbox is still owing its Epic moment. things that the competition managed to deliver in this generation and the Xbox not exactly. the Xbox Games Showcase for July was supposed to be that moment. BUT… the appearance of Halo Infinite, and generic CGIs prevented this. see the E3 2016 conference of PS and Nintendo and PSX 2016 for example, Xbox needs this. This is what I want. whats missing from the Xbox is the great games that surprise and that we can POSITIVELY get emotional and “novelty factor”. the Xbox needs to come up with something big and catch everyone by surprise, something we werent expecting. The Initiative is one of the candidates. The revelation of Series X and Hellblade 2 at TGA 2019 was an epic moment. but CGI… I dont get excited about it easily. but it was VERY COOL.

7 Likes

because, out of 8 games, apart Aoe 3, only 1 is coming to Xcloud?

You sad that’s not what we want and then proceeded to explain that you want exactly that, games. Lots of good, excellent games.