Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

I am a Console guy I just dont want to see them start to do this for other games

I just dont view it as one this is a me problem tho

That video from Alanah Pearce was absolutely spot on about the value of GamePass and how absurd it is that so much of the media, and gamers, downplay how revolutionary an idea it is and how unprecedented the value is. Just goes to show the ridiculous double-standard that we see so much, and that @Shpeshal_Nick specifically pointed out in today’s pod; we all know that Sony would be lauded for something similar if they did, as they should, but it’s the double-standard of Xbox having to overcome such a higher bar to make similar waves of excitement or praise that’s absurd.

3 Likes

I don’t either but at the same time, if the console version isn’t ready to be released, then I would prefer the developer to wait until it is as opposed to getting the “release and fix it later” treatment.

1 Like

Borderlands 3 plays so smooth on the Series X now. I only ever played in performance mode on the One X and even that could drop frames at 1080p.

3 Likes

It’s 60fps in performance mode now and also resolution mode?

Usually, when its random, the tweet comes with text. It doesnt seem absurd from Microsofts point of view. They have 23 studios and lots of money. Lots of money to spend and why not… spend with Geoffy on your event that could be the most watched gaming event of 2020… Anything can happen. Where there are people who are not fans of Xbox or do not follow the Xbox, a perfect place to show your games without being only to your internal audience. :slightly_smiling_face:

It may also be an indication that we will not see Halo Infinite at TGA 2020. Which seems likely because it is not yet in its final form

Since the Game Awards can’t be an in-person event this year, I hope they use the new format to do gameplay demos with some length. That’s usually not the Game Awards’ thing, but obviously this year is gonna be different. So take advantage of that.

1 Like

God, I hope so. Would be awesome to end this year with a first glimpse of one(or more) upcoming exclusives. Like you said, they have 23 studios, surely something is far enough to be shown? Let the world show what you got cooking, show that Xbox is back in a big way.

Dude… Even if this Klobrille tweet is random just to provoke people… I think it seems obvious, at least to me, after the extremely positive reaction with the revelation of the Xbox Series X and Hellblade 2, I think they will try to repeat the dose again this year. I would bet on The Initiative and Hellblade 2 at TGA 2020.

3 Likes

It will happen for other games, like Age of Empires. If this bothers you, better prepare yourself mentally.

Ah right, I almost forgot Hellblade 2 was last year at TGA, damn! TGA is early December, right? A first glimpse of gameplay would be lovely.

1 Like

Really happy for Battlefield games.

6 Likes

Yeah it is 60 fps in both. I think performance mode is there if you want it in split screen. It’s probably preferable in the 4 player split screen option.

1 Like

I gotta remember to switch to Resolution Mode then.

Unless an actual gameplay trailer that’s a decent length (5-8 minutes) is being shown for Hellblade 2 or another of Microsoft’s first party titles, then I prefer them to not show anything. I have no interest in seeing yet another CGI trailer or a logo. No thanks.

Since seeing a small team of 19 people reveal Black Myth Wukong with a 13 minute gameplay trailer, anything less isn’t doing it for me and I don’t care what game it is or who it’s from. At this point, must show me gameplay. Everything else will just be a shrug from me because anything less than actual gameplay simply isn’t doing it for me.

1 Like

So far I’ve been downloading games all over again from the store to avoid issues. My brother just tried to play Gears 5 from his external and he got issues. So it really is probably best to just download it all again, correct?

Even the BC games? (for auto HDR)

I’m not sure, I’ve only had issues with Gears 5 (on both my Series X consoles), everything else has been smooth as butter.

Everything has been smooth for me as well, zero crashes, very minor issues like Quick Resume not starting up a particular game. Setup was a breeze and everything is running like it did with Xbox One except its a million times faster

1 Like

Hi friends, let’s try to avoid making this a catch-all thread. Let’s keep this thread focused on Xbox 1st and 2nd party. Technical issues for launch are valid discussions but that discussion should be in other threads.

Edit: Noticed Danny Eight started a thread right here for technical issues discussion.

6 Likes