Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

They say that Microsoft does not buy public companies… So Sega, Capcom, Konami, Koei Tecmo, Bandai Namco Are public companies. Unless these companies agree to sell their separate assets, for example: Koei Tecmo sell Team Ninja Studio to Microsoft. I think they are partnerships. Acquisitions are going to happen. But, they will be from private companies/studios.

talking about acquisitions… https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1326151948077314049?s=20

FromSoftware is from Kadokawa Corporation… a public company.

Companies buy other companies all the time, it doesn’t matter if they are public or private.

1 Like

Now that’s one I don’t like Take 2 doesn’t actually have a good track record regarding crunch or micro-transactions. Oh well… hope it works out for Codemasters, as that’s a very old developer.

:grinning:

Ok, They are yet to purchase a public publisher or developer. Microsoft as a company has a history of buying some public companies such as Visio Corporation in 2000, parts of Nokia in 2013 and LinkedIn in 2016. All publicly traded businesses that dispel the nonsense that Microsoft only buy private companies.

3 Likes

hey :sweat_smile:

do not know :man_shrugging:. Im reproducing what they say out there :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the point is that Microsoft has never purchased a public game studio/publisher. Obviously anything can happen, that would just be a first.

They could even buy parts of a company, like a single studio. Companies buy and sell assets all the time. It’s a bit more complicated, but perfectly normal. With MS-money everything is on the table.

1 Like

:fearful::fearful: Slowly moves away from Hardseppo: It’s just social distancing don’t worry. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I know, Now when you hear it you can put it to bed also :wink:

1 Like

Is DLI already applied?

Sure but there also isn’t a huge quantity of publicly listed game companies out there. With the consolidation that has been going on the last few years, there isn’t as many top private teams out there that they aren’t already working with. And just because it hasn’t happened does not preclude it from ever happening. How many times were you told that Mocrosoft would not buy a publisher for example?

1 Like

Please and thank you, I’ve been making this point in our “Buying Mode” thread for some time.

3 Likes

When you start a game, quick resume icon should always appear if it’s supported, right? I’ve tried Gears Tactics and Ori 2 now and they don’t seem to have it. Guess these are among the ones that need a patch.

I’ve also tried supersampled 6K mode and it looks fantastic, a very clear difference with 4K, oh my!

And also 120fps mode, but I’m not sure I notice much difference. Maybe it’s easier noticeable in a racer and something like Gears 5.

1 Like

Happy Launch day everyone! Xbox’s future is looking bright!

3 Likes

Every person has a difference experience with higher FPS. For some the visible change lies at lower FPS. Others can notice the higher FPS much better.

But yeah, shooters and racing games should gain the most with those higher FPS.

1 Like

Oh shit, turns out I was wrong.

Gears Tactics DOES work with Quick resume. Ori 2 as well.

They just never gave me an indication when I booted them yo.

“Brazil is the fourth largest market in the world in number of players and the thirteenth in terms of revenue in the category,” said Bruno Motta, manager of Xbox in Brazil, in an interview with IGN Brasil, citing data from Newzoo. “Therefore, we made a huge prioritization to ensure that Brazil was also included in this first world day.”

Even before the announcement of the drop in suggested prices for the Xbox Series X and S, both consoles proved to be a success in pre-sales. According to Motta, “[Microsoft] had extremely high expectations for our market and the sales results are exceeding our expectations. For both the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.”

The result was surprising, according to the Xbox manager in Brazil, not just because of the numbers themselves, but because Brazil, “traditionally, is not a big pre-sales market.” Although the Xbox Series X is sold out at retailers that operate nationwide, Motta reported that, according to data from last Friday (6), console units were still available from regional retailers - this being the safest option for consumers who wants to buy a new console soon.

https://twitter.com/IGNBrasil/status/1326163199524130823

6 Likes