Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

it’s really nice to see the Xbox selling very well

Xbox is going to have a really great generation

7 Likes

Quick question: Can I use the power cord from my One X for the Series X? I could go behind my media center and change it but this would be easier :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, some of the reviewers mentioned that they used their existing power chord for the same reason you mentioned.

2 Likes

Many people said Microsoft would not buy a publisher. There’s no way to predict the future, and the landscape is changing, as you say. Competition is coming, and whether or not all companies are serious is yet to be determined. We’ll see how things change over the next year or two.

4 Likes

The controller feels so good compared to the last one, love it!

3 Likes

Xbox :heart: Bethesda

its just starting :smirk:
9 Likes

great options

2 Likes

Now having experienced for a few hours what this thing can do…I can’t wait to see what Bethesda is going to do.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Amazing how you can choose exactly what you want to install. That somewhat makes up for the way too large size.

Hope we can uninstall the campaign too, because that’s probably humongous.

12 gigs in raytracing data? Sheesh

Anyone got Series X and LG CX worked without any problems? I know the CX latest firmware is .25 or .26.

Can anyone confirm if setting Series X at 4k 120hz VRR works fine on CX or the screen will goes black? You dont need 120hz games to test this, just play any games.

Thanks. Will get my Series X soon.

The debut of a video game console is a carefully choreographed event. It matches state-of-the-art electronics with complex software and big-budget games. It takes years of development and billions of dollars in collective investments, all building to a single deadline. The Xbox Series X was the fourth go-around for Microsoft Corp., and the company had a plan to improve upon the lackluster performance of its last console.

Then on Jan. 20, the first confirmed U.S. case of the coronavirus was reported in a suburb of Seattle. Over the next six weeks, the area surrounding Microsoft’s headquarters became the country’s first hotspot. After the virus claimed some of the first lives in a nearby nursing home, Microsoft closed its doors to most employees on March 4. “Everyone has a plan until a global pandemic punches you in the face,” said Jerret West, the marketing chief for Microsoft’s Xbox.

At first, Microsoft worried about whether manufacturers, many of which are in Asia where the virus originated, would be able to deliver hardware on time. But China soon contained the spread, and the supply chain issues proved to be less severe than anticipated. The biggest problems for Microsoft were at home.

The games planned for the Xbox Series X couldn’t be developed on the kinds of laptops people have lying around the house. So Microsoft and its game development partners went to work on a Plan B. They shifted to cloud computing tools and bulked up their network infrastructure to enable workers to remotely access more powerful machines located in dark offices. It still wasn’t enough for some Microsoft engineers, who took turns ransacking the office and piling heavy equipment into their cars, one executive recounted. For one star employee, Microsoft explored running a fiber-optic cable underground to his home in the woods.

Interesting article and nice read.

4 Likes

Especially with Microsoft funding and the collaboration of tech/experience between all the XGS teams. We really are in the golden era of Xbox.

1 Like

Best Buy blue balled me.

Very insightful and hes right about halo it would of been really cool to have it at launch and when supply catches up expect sales to take off when halo releases

The speeeeeed of this thing is crazy. The store is a joy to browse through now. Love it, love it!!!

1 Like

IT IS AMAZING! Jeebus, MS have outdone themselves

1 Like

As is typical for a console launch, the Xbox will be hard to find this holiday season. “I feel good about our supply,” Spencer said. “Would I take more? Definitely.” The new timing for Halo Infinite could work in Microsoft’s favor, Spencer said, if it can help sell more consoles when supply catches up with demand

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1326179609495433217?s=19

2 Likes

When is EA Play subscription going to be converted to gamepass ultimate subscription?