Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

The first game that I will be playing on Xbox Series X will be Watch Dogs Legion. I’m curious to see how the Ray Tracing and game itself looks on the LG 55" CX OLED via Xbox Series X. Gears Tactics will probably be my March game as I have a few big open world games for Nov/Dec/Jan and want to play through the Halo games before then.

Thankfully, I was banned from the other era 18 months ago and I barely post on gaf anymore since they banned TimDog months ago despite being correct about everything while every so called insider for PlayStation has been wrong about everything. But whatever.

As for the Game Pass thread, I can only imagine what it’s about. Not going to lie, I bashed Game Pass years ago because I had the same concerns as others. I can see a game here and there being filler and whatnot but the vast majority won’t be. Microsoft needs to make sure that their studios release high quality games. That’s all they have to do. Once they do that and on a consistent basis, then there’s nothing bad to say anymore.

One of the reasons why I decided to go with Xbox Series X as my primary gaming console for the next generation is Game Pass. Like, why pay $60+ for a game when I can only pay $10 for a monthly rental? I’m not a collector and I don’t replay games so it’s like, why wouldn’t I use Game Pass when there’s a game I want to play on it? Plus, they just reached a deal last week to get The Ascent day one which I want to play but expecting the game to be $40+ so to get it for a $10 monthly rental, again, why wouldn’t I use it?

The “gamers” on the other site(s) are always bitching about something to the point that it’s just ridiculous. They do more bitching about games than actually playing them. But whatever. While others are doing that, I’ll be playing games on the Xbox Series X!!!

3 Likes

Same, I was willing to buy it day one when I saw the reveal earlier this year. But I wouldn’t mind getting it “free” from gamepass at all.

It’s funny that you said they do more bitching than playing, and in that thread the first point the OP made was “People dont like having a lot of games to play”. I guess you are spot on haha

2 Likes

7 days

3 Likes

I was going to buy The Ascent as well but now, I’ll rent it via Game Pass.

Hahahahaha. Game Pass is over 200 games and when you add in EA/PC for Ultimate, I believe that is over 300 games or close to it. The other sites have horrible moderation because it’s so one sided in terms of favoritism. It’s ridiculous. The only topic that is actually good on that other site is the official XBOX OT. Other than that, not so much if at all. But whatever. I’m great over here!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been lookin at Gears 5, WatchDOGs: Legion and Forza Horizon 4 as games I wanna play just for the graphical upgrades! I held off on all 3 on current gen just to wait for the upgrades so I’m pretty hyped up!

1 Like

Where are my Best Buy homies at? I’ve got my charge pending.

1 Like

I wish. My dumb ass hitched my horse to the best buy website for pre-order and didn’t get one.

That’s a damn shame. I couldn’t grab one from BB either when they first went up. Lucked out checking back an hour later.

You must come through for me Target!!!

2 Likes

Yeah I actually gave up like 40 mins waiting then the site went up right after. I logged back in but didn’t have a chance.

Thinking I’ll try my luck in person at launch

1 Like

Sorry guys, don’t get your hopes up. The Crytek from today is only a fraction from the Crytek who made Ryse in 2013. So if they really will do a sequel, don’t expect it to be anywhere near Ryse 1, since Crytek lost a lot of talent.

I remember stories where the programmers didn’t get paid, while watching one of the 3 boss-bro’s to drive home in his Ferrari. CEO stepped back and is consultant only these days, but almost all of their external studios are either sold or closed.

6 Likes

Anyone knows anything about soundbar? Which one should I get for gaming/movies? Looking at LG SN11RG and Samsung Q950T.

Never really liked fortnite but I would have played a little of it if the next gen version was 4k120. This game should easily be able to do a 120 fps mode like what are you doing epic.

1 Like

Paris is getting some nice adverts it seems. Can’t recall seeing too many ads in public space for Xbox when the Xbox One launched. In Europa at least.

15 Likes

very good :star_struck: http://gif.co/vfRW.gif

1 Like

Bethesda has a lot of experience with procedural generation as well. The early Elder Scrolls titles used it pretty extensively and had the criticisms lots of games that use that kind of tech do. That’s part of the reason they moved to smaller worlds for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. If they’re going back that way I imagine they’re confident they can avoid past issues.

1 Like

Yeah I have faith in them too. I saw that Todd got inspired by NMS and while that could sound worrying, it probably isn’t. It’s fine if the landscape with trees, rivers, waterfalls is PG while the towns, villages, cities, caves, dungeons, interiors of structures, structures itself etc all are handcrafted.

The game is taking a long ass time to be made, so that’s a good thing, it’s also his dream game since day one so I absolutely can’t wait to see what it’s all about. :slight_smile:

As I have said times and times again: Starfield won’t be released in 2021 - I don’t know how people think the opposite, really.

Now it’s on the Youtubers to release videos about it and stubbornly mention that “it will be on PS5 for sure!”, like that Matt guy which is posted here sometimes - really, he needs to say that in every video, it seems it is necessary for him to be kept alive, lol.

Since it will be released way after the Bethesda acquisition is completed, the only thing you can be sure is that it will be exclusive to Microsoft platforms and services.

4 Likes

No wonder ZeniMax sold if their golden goose was taking seven years to get its next game out. Microsoft should seriously consider handing off the Fallout IP to a new team or studio with peripheral oversight from BGS. Otherwise, they’ll be sitting on a billion dollar franchise that won’t resurface until, maybe, (2022 for Starfield, 2026-ish for TES) upwards of 20 fucking 30? God bless.

1 Like