Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

Is it an Existenz reference ? It reminds me of that weird console thing in the movie.

#poweryournightmare

1 Like

DC games, Harry Potter, Lego games and MK will bring millions of people to Game Pass. WB is a big deal even if they don’t come with many IPs.

WB would be by far the better acquisition for Microsoft, if they get some licence like Batman/HP/Lego

1 Like

What is this? :smiley:

1 Like

I would never have found this on my own.

2 Likes

No idea. Aaron Greenberg retweeted. Could be the return of “One vs. One Hundred”

Seems to be a fashion-related company. So expect this. https://twitter.com/thehundreds/status/1322677242598744066?s=20

Haha, there go dashed my dreams of return of 1 v 100.

2 Likes

The rights of this game is not from NBC?

How would MS make a game like this, without owning the rights?

Mortal Kombat is the only IP out of that list that would have transfer with the sale, which is part of why people weren’t biting at the 4 billion dollar mark they wanted. Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are two of their biggest franchises, but they are owned by the estates of JK Rowling and JRR Tolkein, not Time Warner. Lego is owned by The Lego Group.

Time Warner does own things like The Matrix and Mad Max, and ownership of the overall IP definitely wouldn’t transfer (they want to make more movies out of them!), but even if they threw in indefinite exclusive videogame licencing agreements with the deal, those IPs would be less valuable for secondary reasons - no control over the movies that get released, no profits from merchandising, etc. It’s a mess.

Videogame IPs like Mortal Kombat and F.E.A.R. would be transferred. Scribblenauts probably.

1 Like

I think that all is not lost or is impossible. if AT&T supposedly wanted to sell its games division for 4.0B, I think, because of this acquisition value, certainly the Batman, Middle-earth, MK, DC Games rights etc. They will come together. Sony has SpiderMan rights to the games. and SM is a Marvel IP. I think it would be like that with MS and AT&T. MS has the rights in the Batman brand games and AT&T would keep the royalties. if this is happening i think it will be a long time before we hear news. the ZeniMax business started to be discussed in 2018 and only in 2020 the agreement was closed. then it will take time. if that happens at all.

Spiderman did very well for Playstation. Making a deal with AT&T to work on Batman and other DC IPs would be gigantic for Xbox and Game Pass. WB could bring more people to Game Pass than Bethesda.

3 Likes

Over here…

Over here…

6 Likes

Whilst I am doubtful that WB would get bought by MS, the Bethesda purchase does mean anything is possible.

I actually would love it if they bpought WB. Not for teh IP, but for teh talent and their skill-set.

Fighting games 3rd person action games (not shooter)… Family games

These are 3 areas where MS still need to strengthen 1st party.

They are disproportionally slanted towards 1st person games, which I do consider to be a bigger differentiator it terms of “genre” than shooter/RPG etc. It’s just such a massive difference in how games are designed/played for me that everything starts with camera perspective, then goes from there.

The WB studios are such a perfect fit in terms of skills/experience. IP would just be a bonus.

Yes $4bn is too high. I’d say using the Insomniac $230m acquisition as a starting point, getting Avalanche, Rocksteady, NetherRealm and Monolith alone would be about $1.25-$1.5bn.

I guess it depends on the value of the other support/mobile studios and the IP/licenses they get.

3 Likes

I think 4bn for WBGames sound overpriced but it’s not our money. Personally, I don’t care if MS pay too much for a studio, they have like 140bn in cash and they can still invest in gaming after the hypothetical acquisition of WB

WB is obviously a perfect fit, they only need the right to use Batman, Harry Potter, Lego and MK so the studio can work

Expect a lot of reviews for the Series X coming Thursday. Embargo for the reviews is ending 6PM CET / 12PM EST on the 4th of November.

Source: Dutch gaming show GameKings (which have a XSX and XSS).

Impulse Triggers

2 Likes

Don’t recall ever seeing that on the box? Have you?