Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

Was it NT that was also busy with a shorter experience. Mara?

They are on 4 Projects in reality

-Hellblade 2 -ProjectInsight -Project Mara

and these 3 projects are actually experiments for their biggest project Project Dreadnought

they call it Dreadnought Diaries their real big project is Dreadnought

Dreadnought was the name of the British battleship launched in 1906 that was so technologically advanced that it rendered other warships useless.

5 Likes

Oh wow. I didn’t know this. Ninja Theory is planning some really cool stuff then. Promising!

But Project Insight and Project Mara are smaller projects than Hellblade 2 so I think they will be released quite quickly - Project Mara is about developing an apartment in the most realistic way possible and Project Insight is something akin to Project Milo by Peter Molyneux except that it is not a little boy but a Psychologist in a room powered by AI (probably something like Copilot) and biometric sensors to measure our heart rate the goal is to be able to "fight your demons "in the form of a video game experience it is more of a well-being project than truly a game

and these 3 projects Hellblade 2, Insight and Mara are experiments to create Deadnought which must break the border between reality and the game like Matrix

https://x.com/trueachievement/status/1792638935874539915?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

7 Likes

I’m not convinced Project Insight is even a game tbh.

Evidently Gaz said Hellblade 3 is the next game. I hope not, but I suppose I wouldn’t be upset. I also don’t think he knows anything lol.

3 Likes

This is great to see. I loved Starfield at launch, and felt the toxic discourse around the game was a bit much if I am honest.

Time away from the game combined with this update just reaffirm to me how much I enjoy the world, music, combat, quests and characters in this game. I get creation engine isnt everyones cup of tea but the graphical fidelity difference between Starfield and the more recent fallout games (4 and 76) is night and day.

I find it odd that there isnt more discourse from the media about how great the update has been. Dont get me wrong I am not asking for video after video shouting from the rooftops, but I havent seen much coverage outside of the DF video.

7 Likes

They’re probably still trying to figure out how they can spin it into a negative. :smile:

8 Likes

Haha. I was playing the game last night… went to a totally random planet and ended up in multiple side quests all of which were engaging and from totally random encounters. I get you explore this game totally differently but those random encounters you typically associate with a BGS game are littered throughout this game. Theres things I dont like (ship building, resource management), but its not forced down your neck and IMO the game got way too much, overblown criticism.

Taking a step back theres so many things to like about it. Anyway I will stop screaming my praise now…

Just hope if this game ever releases on PS5 that people praise it for what it is, rather than wanting Skyrim copied and pasted in space! I respect everyone has their own view of the game, some just dont like it. Its often so easy to mask a game in the louder voices of criticism I find.

If they keep dropping these updates and Shattered Space is as good as I think it will be…

Like 76 Beth always gets the last laugh.

1 Like

A few days ago Greg something something, used to work at IGN and I believe he’s very big on Sony, posted that he loved Starfield. Jez replied with that he will love it even more later this year. Shattered Space or PS5 release? Entirely possible he was just clowning around too. It shouldn’t shock us if this comes to PS5, especially after the XboxEra article. But this year? We’ll see.

I personally hope their next game is more mainstream (action/adventure) for example: Enslaved.

capsule_308x175

2 Likes

Bleeding Edge 2.

1 Like

Was BE as bad as many people say it was? I never actually played it.

I only played it a little bit, but it had very little content and the matches felt slow.

I do think they could have turned it into something fun though.

1 Like

I loved it. It wasn’t perfect but far from bad; its biggest problem is that it launched literally as the pandemic caused the lockdown, thus none of the systems we have in place for supporting content in remote work environments and there wasn’t any new content fast enough.

4 Likes

Shattered Space, why would he love it more if it was on another platform?

2 Likes

Yeah I think it was a victim of circumstances.

2 Likes

Just had a gander at some videos and it looked like it did have some potential, shame.

Because he’s a huge trophies guy and loves PlayStation, is the theory i suppose

1 Like