Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

Just look at Sea of thieves absolutely dominating and you will understand that everything is going to start going over.

4 Likes

Sad but true.

1 Like

I wonder how long until it’s day and date releases for any game. The only difference would then be these games are day one on Game Pass and you gotta shell out the full amount of cash for other platforms.

This is the YouGov “fame” ratings in the UK, which seems to be based on how often games and studios have been heard of - it’s not great reading for Xbox but better than it could have been, but I fear it’s not the full story as it’s only over 18s (which is why Fortnite isn’t number 1):

Gears is 96 - not terrible, but definitely could do with some promotion, which is where maybe a collection becomes a good advert for a sequel…

(On the plus side, Xbox is higher in the positive opinions part than I thought it would be - although that was prior to recent news. It suggests maybe Game Pass and other things have been cutting through a little more than PS fans would have us believe)

Yeah, what about the consumers of Xbox hardware?!

Were the fuck to they fit in?! Are we beta testers for playstation now?! Cause i am for sure gonna advocating for playstation doing the same. Cause its highly unfair that xbox do not get anything in fucking return from playstation and all they do is gloat and mock us for being on a different platform.

This is going to kill hardware and everything players wanted to the point there’s not going to have anything going for the platform at all.

How am i supposed to be fucking happy about this?! Care to explain?!

Cause some suit loves that playstation and nintendo money and treats the rest as dirt?! Cause thats how it feels like.

Also its a damn live service game, of course its going to rack in money but its going to be shortsighted once the next live service game pops up.

So tell me, how does any of this makes a console only user save for the future ahead, with no exclusives games and nothing going for as third party publishers abandoned the platform. I think long term ramifications woukd already be discussed but i guess not.

3 Likes

You get Game Pass on the first day of release instead of spending full price on every game. You’ve never “beta tested” anything, despite that idiotic phrase being misused hundreds of times. “Exclusive games” are going to be a relic of the past, they didn’t drive Xbox or PlayStation sales like people thought before, and they definitely don’t now that it all ends up on PC anyways.

7 Likes

I won’t complain if playstation starts porting games over to xbox. But since they are not i will still complain since its clear they will use the money they get from xbox games and use it to get more and more third party deals from publishers to kill the xbox brand itself.

Thats not a good sign at all to me.

1 Like

I don’t think this version of PlayStation is worried about that. Why would they want to kill a publisher that is bringing more games to them?

1 Like

I see it as Xbox making more money for Game Pass and new games

2 Likes

There’s also the idea the next Xbox having PC stores negates exclusives too - if we were able to play PC games (potentially including Sony ones and at the very least their “console exclusives” like Final Fantasy) then we’ll have loads to play.

The hint of that alone might be enough to put Sony off new exclusive deals, why lock out Xbox for lots of money when they may be able to play via the PC store?

The publisher would likely want extra money to block the PC version (if Steam even allowed them to) and it’d likely finally start to get regulatory attention anyway…

Because they want Xbox hardware to be gone for good so that the only way to play them is by buying a playstation? That way they can up prices on their own and become the monopoly of hardware. Cause that’s how its gonna go.

Can we please keep Xbox Porting discussion to the other thread and keep this one strictly about the Games and Studios?

9 Likes

Alright, i will drop the subject.

Sorry.

He fully backtracked on that? It does show that no matter who the person is with a track record or not, it’s not factual. Even these new reports aren’t yet. But it does sound hopeful.

I can’t blame Grubb either, I mean he probably heard from a source of his that it wasn’t in a good state, but that source clearly had outdated info then. If true. I’m glad we’ll soon find out and I hope it looks great.

1 Like

He didn’t backtrack, he got clarification from other sources

4 Likes

The whole xyz game is in Dev hell always makes my eyes roll anyway. The way gaming sausage is made is always messy, especially if it’s ambitious.

Of course there are levels to this stuff (Duke Nukem) but I would like to see any large game retro/post mortem where the devs were like ‘well that was easy, whole thing was smooth sailing boys’

4 Likes

Kinda goes both ways tbh. They will get 30% off a Microsoft game but Microsoft is getting 70% off of a Sony customer.

It sounded like backpedaling to me.

First, to capitalise on the negativity around Xbox he said PD was in development hell.

Then, after other reputable insiders saying It was coming along well, he said he has asked for reconfirmation and now the thing had changed.

Come on now. I don’t buy It.

And possibly more if they can figure out how to get those users to also use their mobile store (e.g., in-game item discounts) and sign up for Game Pass (continue the game on any device, play other games, possibly include the MTX discounts, etc).

Will we have a showcase predictions thread?