Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

Not releasing games this year when they haven’t released anything so far just so next year can have a “better” schedule is dumb and makes no business sense.

1 Like

So currently who owns the marketing right for Call of Duty? I thought it’s still sony?

The contract ends with MW3, so next CoD is Microsoft.

2 Likes

I’ll take it. That be way sooner than I ever expected :stuck_out_tongue:

As you say the frustrating part is they will pack the end of the year and then likely end up with a very quiet Jan-Mar (2025) again.

They don’t help themselves.

3 Likes

Xbox was once facing a double side dilemma:

1. By distributing your contents through the entire year: both media and the mass barely give a look to smaller titles, even 3A titles cannot raise their attention such as Quantum Break, if they simply don’t care about Xbox.
  2. By stacking all your contents within a quarter: xbox can make this season a gaming event no matter how people neglect the brand. They have to pay attention to this platform because it’s just too impactful at the time. However this approach leads to an empty firsr half of the year.

It’s really hard to tell which one is better.

2 Likes

Yup and Stalker 2 is in September as well!! Xbox gamers are eating this fall!!

I’m leaning towards it not being intentional tbh. If it was intentional they wouldn’t have had that E3 where they announced a bunch of games coming in H1 or 2023 (only for them to be delayed into H2)

11 Likes

Damn, 40fps and 60fps modes on XSX evidently.

From the other forum

New difficulty options More detailed surface maps More ship customization 40fps and 60fps modes for series x Land vehicle coming later Creation kit at beta testers now May 15th

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1785689263083843950?t=P2OwOvJs5FdO9A0_Em7EVg&s=19

8 Likes

I am really surprised at 60fps, remains to be seen how consistent it gets but it must’ve been real backend engine work, likely offloading some of the CPU tasks to GPU which is why it’s only SX.

The land vehicle looks cool, love to see it, I feel they will address more than just QoL stuff with updates, the game might look a lot different in 2 years or so.

2 Likes

They seem to recommend 60fps only if u have a VRR display so it’s probably kind of iffy and inconsistent lol.

15 may for everyone?

Yeah, and I wonder if there will be a significant graphical change. In that case 40fps will be the mode to go for.

60 fps Settings state that screen tearing will occur without a VRR display.

I have VRR. It’s a game changer. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yup, this is a great update, I’m waiting for Shattered Space Expansion for even more quality of life updates.

3 Likes

Fucking awesome man. Had taken a big break from the game and was ready to get back to it. I’m gonna wait for may 15 now.

I will go for 40fps if the resolution is like 1080p in the 60fps mode. We’ll have to see.

4 Likes

Considering how great of a foundation the game already had, imo, this game is going to be something I come back to every year; I already have 400 hours in it, which if you knew me you’d know that was an insane amount considering it’s only been out for six months and I’ve beaten a hefty amount of games for the backlog challenge. For reference, I’ve very actively played 76 for 4 years and just now have 1100 hours… Starfield has already reached ‘Most-Played Bethesda’ game status from a time played vs time since release :slight_smile:

As for the tech side, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re doing some offloading but would also bet they’re starting to implement more of the Series efficiency boosts (SFS, for example) now that they’ve gotten the game out and can go back and fine-tune the engine. Add it to the list of reasons I don’t like DF-style reviews anymore considering almost every major game that has a substantial lifespan has significant technological enhancements through said lifespan. Also, while I disagreed with plenty of reviews of the game from the known quantities, it’s also why I’d argue reviews are becoming more and more meaningless, especially when re-reviews of titles are rarely, if ever, completed and I could say the same thing about the mechanics/gameplay loops as I did the technological side.

6 Likes

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1785698338920178007?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

6 Likes

Nah, this is BS. If Sony can go a year with only having one First party title, then Xbox can go a quarter without a game, especially when they drop them month after month at the end of the year. You’re saying it would be better if a game was just held for no reason?? Dumb as hell, If it’s ready and has at least a month of space, it’s fine.

4 Likes