Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

I think they’ll go the Wolfenstein route with this, but his death is canon in my playthrough :slight_smile:

The Wolfenstein route?

You have a choice in the first game similar to Gears 5 that changes cutscenes and story a little

I really think it was a bad idea for Gears to go down this route, whether they make one canon or not

2 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t a super big fan of that either.

There wouldnt be much point to having the choice if they didnt.

I wonder if they would make both death’s be canon. Set it up as the choice you didnt make ends up dieing anyways in the time between the end of Gears 5 and begining of Gears 6.

1 Like

lots of new stuff in the next update for FH5 :+1:

https://twitter.com/ForzaHorizon/status/1783527166317109410

6 Likes

Didn’t like having to make the choice at all at the end of Gears 5. Just doesn’t fit with what the game is in my opinion. I would prefer to see The Coalition go with killing off J.D. as the final decision because it simply adds a lot more intrigue to the story and characters since Marcus is obviously still there.

1 Like

I’m so glad they are still going with Marcus, he’s just such a cool, bad ass character. Can we not have a Old Man Logan’ish game called Old Man Marcus, spin off maybe? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like Marcus but im hoping Gears 6 wraps up the Kait story line and all these characters. So The Coalition can do a new Gears of War trilogy with the Hivebusters characters and be more brutal, visceral, linear, action packed like the original three games. Plus, the three characters in Hivebusters have different skill trees and abilities so it can actually change up how the series plays. Third person cover based shooter at it’s core with abilities and melee weapons as secondary options.

I am expecting Gears of War 6 to be revealed at the Showcase in June with a Fall 2025 release date so we’ll see how it all goes.

And I still want a Gears of War survival horror spin off game with Gabe Diaz. I mean come on, the enemies, monsters, environments, atmosphere, immersion, etc. is already there. Just remove the cover based system and make it like RE/Dead Space gameplay wise and done.

3 Likes

I’m going to be the odd one out and hope that the person who was said died off was put on some kind of medical ventilatory, that brings that person back to life.

https://x.com/charlieintel/status/1783624164412186853?s=46&t=4Qn87w4eHG2BZMBe9Uh_tQ

4 Likes

It was the best decision to make for the game narratively. He was an obvious enigma in the game’s storytelling, almost purposely.

The decision was made for me because I momentarily stopped paying attention and didn’t know what was going on :grimacing:

1 Like

Depends on which decision The Coalition goes with for Gears of War 6. My gut tells me that they won’t kill off who I said or they somehow resurrect the character regardless of who you chose.

https://x.com/welfare_jbp/status/1783614160347246923?s=46&t=4Qn87w4eHG2BZMBe9Uh_tQ

10 Likes

The only way Gears 5 choice narrative would make sense is by having two separate story lines to play in the Gears 6.

Otherwise, what’s the point?!

The point is to reinforce that the restoration Sera attempted ultimately failed because the Coalition did not learn any of the mistakes that brought them to this conclusion. JD is a physical representatino of everything Marcus, Anya and the government refuses to acknowledge about this world, and the secrets they buried.

It’s really straightforward. You have to be really willing to ask yourself; what purpose does JD serve in a world where the ‘threat’ is dead. If imulsion was the cause of the Locust origin, which Marcus should know because it was explored in Gears 2, why did this government retain it’s complacency in favor of rapidly, messily rebuilding itself? In a world where everything kills you no less.

Marcus is, ultimately, a victim. Cole, Hoffman and to a lesser extent Anya understood that.

While that does make sense based on the choice, it also sounds like an incredible amount of work or it’s really not going to matter too much

Wolfenstein did it but those characters barely factored into those games so not much changed and if that’s the route Gears 6 goes down where then I’m not sure the choice was a good idea, personally I think the choice was pretty much a no win situation as you either

1. Create two entirely different scenarios/stories for your next game making a huge amount of work

2. The choice determines maybe a few cutscene changes in the next game but not much else making the choice not have much impact anyway

3. Make one ending canon meaning you piss off an entire section of people that wanted the other one and once again making the choice mean nothing

You basically either give the team a huge amount of work in an era where games are taking longer and are more expensive to make or you just annoy people and make them feel their choice never mattered much to begin with

CoD is going to raging demon that record.

5 Likes