Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

Both Sony and Microsoft have had games get delayed. Halo Infinite, Starfield and Redfall for Microsoft. Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7 and God of War Ragnarok for Sony.

I personally have no issues with games getting delayed. In fact, I prefer them to get delayed as opposed to releasing in a state that requires waiting for months worth of patches. On the positive side, 5 out of those 6 games turned out to be great or better so if any future game from any publisher needs a delay, I say delay, delay and delay until it’s ready.

3 Likes

2020-2023 was one of the worst impacted era’s in gaming history for hitting targets. On the whole Nintendo is a machine who keep games in reserve for rainy days, PlayStation is a mix where they have some things down pat but scope blew up on them too much, Xbox has been rebuilding for 6 straight years, 3+ of those impacted heavily by covid, and are finally at a point where one can expect “enough” from them for their size.

12 Likes

Good points raised by all.

Meanwhile this is me waiting for April 25th to play Fallout 4 again while I’m in another one of my Bethesda hyper-fixation periods (started back up well before the show came out… and now it’s worse lol).

13 Likes

There’s another 100-200 hours of Starfield coming with the expansion and mods for me too :awkward:

6 Likes

Don’t remind me… currently bouncing between Oblivion, New Vegas, Starfield, and 76. That’s on top of my current stable of backlog games - playing at least one on every console I own (never went through Shivering Isles, so that will help with my challenge… or so that’s my excuse).

1 Like

I’ll be jumping back into Fallout 4 when the update happens and Starfield when the DLC drops. As much as I want to play games like Oblivion and Fallout 3, I’m still hoping they get remastered. There are enough games to keep me occupied in the meantime, I’m still working through DD2 and I reinstalled to give ESO a proper try now.

3 Likes

My friend, just do what I do: beat DLC and get achievements you never did 20 years ago, and then when they remaster them… do it all over again!

2 Likes

Oblivion I have the full 1000 and half the the acheivments for one ending of the DLC, I never could go back to doing it again, I regretted not having a save to go back and get the lot. If it is remastered I will do it all over again.

2 Likes

with Avowed launching later this year, I think Obsidian will handle the next Fallout game with Josh Sawyer and Tim Cain leading the project. I bet Sawyer is itching to develop his own big budget RPG again and Obsidian coincidentally has the original creator of the Fallout series employed in Tim Cain.

or potential studio number two… Larian Studios Fallout

I do hope we get a Josh Sawyer led Fallout, it would be a dream. With Tim Cain he has said on his Youtube channel he isn’t full time with Obsidian but does contract work on Outer Worlds 2 as well as another unannounced game not from Obsidian. That wouldn’t exclude him from advising on a new Fallout though.

This would be the earliest we can get a new Fallout game and is also probably the best option while 5 takes all its time in dev.

This would go absolutely hard but I’ll never happen :disappointed:

based from reading his tweets over the last 2 years, I’ll be utterly shocked if Sawyer ever works on a mega IP like Fallout again.

For sure. two weeks ago Cain was at the Fallout premiere with Todd Howard and Co, so it’s definitely possible!

He alluded that for the right project he would be willing to get back to big projects.

Makes sense since he’s the guy that kicked it all off, it would have been rude not to include him. He said Brian Fargo was there also sitting next to him. I’m glad that they were recognized and included.

5 Likes

So far Obsidian hasn’t shown any towns or a city in Avowed, but surely it will have a few, right? Have they spoken at all on this? I recall that they did but I could be mixing it up with a different game.

I don’t believe they have; I think the only time we have heard about cities or town were from the leaks from several years ago.

1 Like

They talk/mention towns in the follow up deep dive, no idea how large they are. Pretty sure the envoy sails into a town in the older trailers as well.

I would expect them to be similar to Outerworlds

1 Like

Nah I think he was just burnt out, he mentioned in the recent doc about Pentiment that he be willing to go back to bigger projects after if he was able to do Pentiment

I don’t think he’s turned his back completely on ever working on something big like that ever