Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

Perfect Dark State of Decay 3 New Doom

1 Like

I don’t necessarily mean for the campaign but if they are going to add a side mode like Escape again then they need to do something that makes people want to come back to it

I get that some people are tired of the rpg/loot in everything but it’s popular for a reason and Gears gunplay is basically top of the genre so with some good loot systems in place it could be really good

https://x.com/Seth_man/status/1775875161113215246

https://x.com/Seth_man/status/1775878490883080630

3 Likes

Not sure this is entirely accurate. He was giving interviews about Hellblade 2 in 2022.

More Gears 6 hype words.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1bvxp4p/more_gears_6_teases_nate_the_hate/

1 Like

Not shocked since I was expecting it to be 30FPS but I was still disappointed that the option for 60FPS isn’t there. Even worse are the black bars despite the fact that my TV is already wide screen. This annoys me more than the 30FPS.

1 Like

Happy Hellblade 2 getting great impressions but I’ll avoid seeing anything, for what it is and being 8 hours it’s probably easy to spoil stuff in the footage.

1 Like

Well then, the bit about Xbox 360, but yeah we’ll see. For me Gears has always looked great, I mean to this day 3 still looks super impressive. It’s just the new team that isn’t really doing it for me. 6 will still be about Cait and I honestly wish they had wrapped that story up in 5. I just don’t find her super interesting, nor the other members. I guess Epic really spoilt me, because Marcus’s team? The new one just doesn’t touch them.

That being said, I’m still definitely looking forward to 6. I hope for some new stuff, not just a much prettier Gears 5. Then again, 5 came with some new stuff with the much larger, open areas, just wasn’t very well utilised. If they bring it back, hopefully they do utilise it well.

I’m not surprised they are going with those black bars, it’s way more filmic/cinematic, like a real movie. But I do get you, and if given the option I’d go for full screen in a heart beat.

Gears is always fun. Even if it’s not the biggest or the best thing out there, it’s just always fun getting to play that game’s campaign in solo and co-op, and messing with horde mode. I really hope they innovate in the formula but also keep that spirit in there.

2 Likes

A week ago I played some Evil West and I quite enjoy the melee combat. The way you punch and kick enemies, it feels good. It got me thinking how this might be good for Gears too, improved or even overhauled melee combat. Keep the shooting as it is, the chainsaw of course too, but a significant change to melee combat could be good!

The little melee they gave us in Gears 5 was actually pretty fun but the weapons are extremely limited and broke quickly, I’d hope that’s an area they expand on for sure.

1 Like

Gears is typically known to be a tendsetter when it comes to graphical fidelity imo. Gears 4 and 5 were no different, so I’m unsurprised to see 6 already getting that kind of ‘buzz’ around it.

All eyes lie on if they’ve learned the lessons about Gears multiplayer. Gnasher Hitreg and whether or not they commit to 4v4 or 5v5 will be critical.

4v1 baby, bring back Evolve!

That could work in gears though.

It’s super annoying though because I already have a wide screen TV and I still get black bars? It’s funny, so many people shit on Sony’s games for being cinematic yet they still give you a 60FPS option and more importantly, don’t have black bars in them. The lone exception was The Order 1886 and we all know how that turned out.

1 Like

It wasn’t a considered bad game because of the black bars or being 30fps, it was criticized due to the lackluster story (despite that being the game’s focus) and the gameplay being bad.

Stop trying to force what you don’t prefer as the reasons a game did poorly, you can’t re-write history.

2 Likes

You sound like the kinda guy who hates watching movies because of the black bars lmao

Personally, I actually liked and enjoyed the story/characters in The Order 1886. My issues were all gameplay related. Too short, quick time events, horrible boss fights, horrible forced stealth and while the cover system/gunplay was really good, the black bar on the top of the screen literally prevented you from shooting certain enemies because you simply couldn’t get them in your field of view.

As for Hellblade 2, unless there’s bows and arrows, this shouldn’t be an issue but at the same time, I criticized The Order 1886 and The Evil Within for having black bars. I’m not giving Hellblade 2 a pass in this regard when I didn’t give the other two games a pass. For me, it’s a negative.

Hahaha. I am and I do which is why if a movie/TV show has black bars, I go full screen or screen fit. Works every time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I kind of wish it would get a 4:3 mode just to mess with people lol! I will admit though I would probably enjoy having the black bars on the side more compared to how it’s done currently.

I guess something like Beast mode, or having a player-controlled director organizing Horde waves like an RTS or something?